Lead Support Worker
Lead Support Worker Are you the right candidate for this opportunity? Make sure to read the full description below.Swansea (SA2) Full time – 37.5 hours Full drivers licence required
Are you experienced in supporting adults with learning disabilities? Join our innovative team based in Swansea where you can lead by example, enjoying an excellent training programme, strong career progression – and deliver outstanding support through the unique ‘Activate’ model, proven to make a measurable difference to people’s lives and your professional satisfaction.
As a lead support worker, you will will assist the locality manager and assistant locality manager in maintaining a high quality of support, acting as a role practitioner, coaching and mentoring support workers and relief support workers to ensure the people supported achieve the outcomes identified within their support plans.
The role will involve supporting two gentlemen and one lady in their own home. We need someone who is willing to get stuck and in and share in a variety of activities and interests with the people you will be supporting. These include turning your hand to some DIY, painting and decorating, taking the lady twice a week to look after 2 donkeys, cooking, and one of the gentlemen has a particular love of Disney films and music. Your days will be busy but fun!You will assist with some personal care and whilst not essential, some understanding of autism and sign language would be beneficial.
Shift patterns will vary weekly and work around the people we support but will include long day shifts, the occasional night shift and some weekends (to be discussed at interview).
Develop professionally as a lead support worker. This means that you are expected to get involved and contribute in meetings, work towards gaining qualifications about your work, attend training courses and be willing to learn new things and ways of working.
A full UK driving licence is essential for this role and it is ideal if you have your own transport as the house can be difficult to reach by public transport.
Please see the full job description attached for more information about the role.
For further information, please contact Hannah on 07908110984.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme for 2019 – 2021.
For a full list of rewards, visit our careers page at www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Hannah on 07908110984
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy – Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications