Junior Analyst – 6 Months Contract
Junior Business Analyst
- Length: 6 months
Working hours: 9-5 PM
About the role
Support on the control and classification of remediation cases across multiple inter-related programmes of work and their populations. Providing support to enable the definition, implementation, management and delivery of appropriate outputs, processes and volumes downstream to respective portfolio or programme teams to execute
This role will support the delivery of key activities, business analysis activities within the team as an integral part of a programme of work. The analysis involves a diverse range of internal and external sources such as procedures and practices across the bank.
What will you be doing?
- Support the establishment, mobilisation and management of a function serving multiple programmes in the remediation portfolio to deliver clearly categorised/validated client cases
- Reporting to a Senior BA or Programme Manager to work through ‘complex’ issues to define a pragmatic route forward by defining the standards and specifications around which others will operate and ensure that essential procedures are followed: Then identifying potential exceptions to overarching policies to categorise and identify cases requiring special handling (bespoke processes) where multiple impacts have been identified and/or pricing policy warrants a standalone/discrete approach
- Interpreting scoping and analysis into practical approaches for execution. Collaborating with interdependent programmes to define scope, manage complexity, leverage data sets and implement processes to enable the function to deliver results. Understanding both strategic and tactical needs and their implications: Including process analysis and definition e.g. – mapping “As-Is” and “To-Be” processes
- Lead on the management of core data, helping enrich this with intelligence through the categorisation process, using evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information to enable remediation of cases efficiently. Collaboration and partnership with programme teams and functional business teams as required, to define and enable available intelligence and inputs into structured methods and processes to enable classification of cases. e.g. Legal, Compliance, Product, Technology and Modelling Teams
- Act as an implementation subject matter expert for handling workflow, queries, data control and budgetary requirements throughout the entire project lifecycle and support the Programme Director in the preparation of material for Steer Co’s and in the collation of information for key management meetings
- Own the build of appropriate controls to facilitate accurate, auditable and effective delivery of throughput for downstream treatment and processing
- Support the design and management of plans and resources to deliver agreed portfolio goals, identifying and managing assumptions, dependencies, risks and issues
What we’re looking for
- Financial services background (mortgage knowledge would be desirable and retail lending)
- Delivery experience
- Understanding of and ability to articulate, design and implement process and workflow
- Analysis and mapping of activities to enable analysis, delivery of requirements and solutions
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Familiar with Project Management methods, disciplines and project lifecycles
- Qualified at Degree level
Skills that will help you in the role
- Working knowledge from experience of Credit based products and how they are managed
- Consolidating inputs from disparate sources into outcomes
- Knowledge of Barclays Systems, Products and processes
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of SQL, Access, SAS languages
Barclays is a British universal bank. They are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by their service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Everything Barclays does is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Their values inform the foundations of their relationships with customers, clients, employees and contractors.