Insurance Claims Handler – Permanent, Full Time
Job Title: Claims Handler (Personal & Commercial Motor Claims)
Not sure what skills you will need for this opportunity Simply read the full description below to get a complete picture of candidate requirements.
Location: Surrey St, Norwich
Contract: Permanent, Full Time – 35 hours per week
Working Hours: Shift patterns covering the hours of 8:00 – 18:15 Monday to Friday
Salary: Starting salary of £17,650 with the potential to increase to £22,000 (+ benefits)
We have exciting opportunities for Claims Handlers to join us in our central Norwich office. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our Claims Team, you will have a vital role to play. Here within our Claims department, every one of our people is a great talker, listener, investigator, letter-writer and decision maker. Our Claims Handlers investigate insurance claims with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment.
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need:
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role you’ll be responsible for taking calls from our customers who currently hold motor insurance with Aviva and are looking to make a claim. These are customers who hold both personal and commercial policies and need to get their vehicle back on the road as soon as possible. You’ll talk and listen calmly to our customers, knowing just the right questions to ask to obtain the right and relevant information to assist you in processing their claim.
Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim. With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you’ll be able to put yourself in our customer’s shoes, ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them.
In this role, the successful candidates will be based at our Norwich office and will also benefit from Aviva’s smart working arrangements, with a mix of office and home working.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Strong questioning skills
- The ability to overcome a challenge in an environment where no two days are the same
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to listen and reason compassionately
- A natural curiosity to identify improvements
- A positive mind set and a can-do approach
- Ability to deliver superb customer service and a strong commitment to do the right thing for our customers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- No previous claims or insurance experience is required as full training will be provided
What will you get for these roles?
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
- Full training and ongoing support will be provided
Typically, our Claims Handlers will progress from the starting salary of £17,650 to £18,500 on reaching the standard required after training is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7384 804694 or send an email to .
- As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role