ICT Support Senior Technician
ICT Support Senior Technician
Location: Cluster 1 – covering areas in Stafford, Burntwood, Wolverhampton and Telford
Cluster 6 – covering areas in Ipswich, Colchester and Clacton
Cluster 7 – covering areas in Croydon, Deptford, South Norwood
About the Role
The ICT Senior Support Technician will be responsible for providing IT support to Trust and School staff. They will be required to attend schools within their cluster of school and further afield to install and maintain IT hardware and software, escalating more complex issues where appropriate.
To provide practical support to the ICT infrastructure at schools and trust sites, across a range of systems and hardware and software, to facilitate the teaching and learning of students
Able to communicate with schools and central team staff
Setting up and installing devices, including pc's, mobile devices, printers, scanner and classroom technology
Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications
Identify, troubleshoot and resolve IT issues
Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
Ensure safeguarding and monitoring systems are maintained in schools
Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
Provide support and guidance to IT technicians and apprentices across the trust.
Escalating issues to 3rd line/development where required
Manage and maintain Mobile device management systems (MDM)
Carry out proactive maintenance of IT systems and hardware
Maintain issues and logs using IT helpdesk software
Undertaking small/medium internal IT projects as and when requiredCluster ICT Senior Support Technician
Person Specification & Qualifications:
Qualifications & Experience
· Strong technical skills alongside an interest in new technology
· Good standard of numeracy and literacy skills
· Proficient use of technology, (PC's mobile devices, printers, AV equipment) and understanding its use in supporting effective teaching and learning
· Previous experience working in a customer-facing role
· NVQ Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in IT or digital solutions
· 5 years' experience in an IT support role, involving managing, installing IT devices and equipment, and resolving hardware and software issues.
· Experience of providing IT in an education environment
· NVQ Level 4 qualification (or equivalent) in IT or digital solutions.
Knowledge & Understanding
· Understanding of ICT needs within the classroom and systems used in a school environment
· Excellent working knowledge of ICT hardware use and fault finding.
· Understanding of IT software and solutions for management and monitoring
· Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
· Good knowledge of IT Security solutions.
· Able to manage and maintain Trust IT Systems such as Anti Virus,and eSafety Systems
· Active Directory and Group Policy Management
· Windows Server, Azure and Office 365 management
· Creating and managing imaging software
· Office 365 Administration.
· Understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection issues
Knowledge of IP Telephony and Firewalls.
Skills & Abilities
· A customer focused approach
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Work as an effective team member and apply given instructions
· Evaluate and prioritise workload across a cluster of schools
· Ability to logically diagnose and troubleshoot ICT issues
· Able to configure and install IT equipment
· Practical skills, such as basic ICT equipment maintenance
· High personal standards and able to provide a role model for students and staff
· Seek support and advice when necessary
· Ability to communicate with a range of users in a friendly professional manner
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis websiteApply now