Higher Level Teaching Assistant
We are currently searching for a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) on a long-term basis starting in September and working through until the October half term. The school is based in the Walsall area. The role will be 5 days a week with KS2 classes. You will be supported by the class teacher and help deliver and plan lessons alongside them.
The fantastic school we are working with are a welcoming and supportive community that is committed to providing the best, most enriching experiences for their pupils and staff. They believe that each and every one of their children deserves the very best and that each child is special in their own unique way. At the school they 'Inspire to Aspire' and their staff work tirelessly to ensure that every child has the best possible learning journey and enjoys their time at school. They value every child as an individual and believe it is important for all children to thrive in a happy, supportive, and exciting environment. They seek to develop independent learners who are equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to cope with an ever-changing world. They are committed to working in partnership with parents/carers and the wider community to achieve the very best for their children.
The role will involve:
– Prepping classrooms for lessons, sourcing books and handouts.
– Planning and delivering learning and enrichment activities with support from teachers or independently.
– Working with focus groups of students who have differing needs than the rest of the class.
– Teaching the class unassisted if the class teacher is unwell or on leave and being confident to do so.
– Assessing students’ progress and discussing their development with teachers, parents or carers.
What to expect from applicants?
Working with these young people means you can make a real and significant impact on their lives and that’s what working in school is all is about- Ambition and a commitment to school community is key!
We would like applicants to have experience in supporting teaching and learning, either within the UK or a British International setting. Comfortable with supporting lessons in all subjects taught within the school at KS2 level such as: English, Maths, Science, History, Geography, Art, Design & Technology, Religious Education, PSHE, French, Music & Physical Education.
To be successful in your application, you should have experience in one or more of the following:
• Hold a relevant UK Higher Level teaching assistant qualification.
• Knowledge of the UK Primary Curriculum particularly KS2.
• Able and willing to travel to the Walsall area
• Exceptionally dedicated to supporting pupils achieve the very best through an all-inclusive curriculum
Smile Education are a Crown Commercial Services (CCS) approved supplier; through this partnership we are currently assisting some of the UK’s largest multi-academy trusts, including Reach2 and Ark.
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and QualificationsApply now