HGV Driver – Daventry Frozen
About the role
A job where you are in the driving seat!
The information below covers the role requirements, expected candidate experience, and accompanying qualifications.
As the face of Tesco out on the road, our LGV drivers get the opportunity to meet and talk to different colleagues at stores. That’s why this role is about much more than just driving: it’s about helping others and delivering great service, with a smile.
No two shifts are ever the same, for most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, out on the road delivering to our stores, but there is always a team of managers and colleagues back at the distribution centre ready to support you when you need them.
You’ll meet great people, learn new things and be part of a specialist, diverse team, where everyone is welcome.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
Shift pattern Days From time To time Sun 04:00:00 13:15:00 Mon 04:00:00 13:15:00 Thu 04:00:00 13:15:00 Fri 04:00:00 13:15:00 Sat 04:00:00 13:15:00 You will be responsible for
• Professionally representing the Tesco brand whilst on UK roads
• Ensuring our products reach our stores on time and in good condition
• Being out on the road but also working collaboratively with colleagues and representing Tesco to everyone you meet
• Driving safely, responsibly and within the law
• Collecting as well as delivering, supporting your distribution centre by moving trailers and keeping vehicles fuelled
You will need
- To be passionate about delivering great customer service
- Friendly, approachable and reliable
- Able to adhere to the GB Domestic Driving rules
- Able to adapt to working in a fast paced constantly evolving environment
- Calm under pressure
- Full LGV / HGV (C+E) UK/ EU licence currently with no more than six penalty points and the new driver card
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness – Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Working in Distribution.
A store is only as good as the stock on its shelves. It’s essential that our distribution network is as good as it can be, because anything less than perfect means unhappy customers.
Fortunately, as leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,000 stores every week.