HGV Driver Class 2
Drive your career forward by getting behind the wheel of one of the UKs largest fleets and join us on our journey to continue building Britain…
If you are considering sending an application, make sure to hit the apply button below after reading through the entire description.
Whats in it for me?
- Full time, permanent working hours, employed directly with Travis Perkins
- A competitive basic salary + branch performance bonus
- Driver Safety and Efficiency bonus. Drive safely and efficiently based on your vehicle telematics and you could earn up to £1,800 per year
- Sociable working hours. No overnight stays or late evenings, providing you with a work/life balance. Hours of work reflect the branch opening hours
- Periodic CPC training funded and arranged by the branch
- Staff discount across businesses in our group (20% off at Wickes and Toolstation included!)
- 22 days of holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Yearly pay reviews, recognising and rewarding committed colleagues
- Share Schemes (selling shares of our business for a potential profit)
- Company pension scheme, allowing a variety of contribution options
- Driver of the year Awards. An evening that celebrates and rewards the best of the best
- Ongoing development and progression opportunities, were BIG on developing our colleagues to be the best they can be. A large number of our supervisors, managers and directors have been on similar journeys
What will I be doing?Youll be working to deliver building materials from our branch to our local customers in a safe and professional manner. Loading the vehicle in the yard using the HIAB, itll be your responsibility to ensure the vehicle is properly loaded, safe and in-line with road and transport legislation. Our drivers are the face of the business and will demonstrate professionalism whilst on the road and with our customers at all times. Its likely that youll perform around 14 drops a day, regularly returning back to branch to reload your vehicle.
Am I right for the job?You will have a Class 2 driving license, up to date CPC records and 12 months+ driving experience. No HIAB? No problem! The branch will fully fund your HIAB training, ensuring youre qualified and comfortable operating vehicle-mounted cranes. Youll be confident in dealing with our customers, building new relationships and developing existing ones. You will be safety focussed, ensuring work is completed in a safe and professional manner. Our drivers are passionate about what we do and delivering for our customers, we want like-minded drivers to join our team with the same mindset and ambition.
Sound good? Apply now!