Health & Safety and Sustainability Manager
The primary responsibility of the Health and Safety and Sustainability Manager is to take the lead for the Businesses overall Health and Safety strategy and implementation. This will include the development of a standard approach and implementation and monitoring of measures across the Business. Additionally this role will lead the change in implementing strong Sustainability strategies and plans, as we continue our quest to become a fully sustainable Manufacturer and Distributor.
* To monitor and drive the process against Hozelock’s three year strategic Health and Safety plan.
* To ensure the plan is updated in accordance with any new legislation, best industry practice, recommendations from H.S.E. and insurers, plus any other health, safety or environmental initiatives that are derived through a continual personal development plan.
* To annually appraise all emergency procedures.
* To monitor, improve and manage Midpoint Parks risk assessment tracker system.
* To appraise the Management team on a monthly basis on the progress against plan, plus any updates on legislation change, or any other changes that could impact our Business.
* To establish KPI’s, both at the highest level and by Departments to form the backbone of a monthly Departmental review, ensuring compliance and assisting Managers where required.
* To establish TNA for all levels of the Business and to ensure the criteria is met, whether through in-house or external training.
* To ensure that Midpoint Business Continuity plan is appraised bi-annually and is kept up to date.
* To carry out safety audits, safety inspections, risk assessments, etc. and to ensure that procedures are in place to deal with any actions and these are dealt with efficiently and thoroughly to prevent any re-occurrence.
* To provide information as and when required by our Insurers, Emergency Services, H.S.E., Customers, Sus, etc.
* Comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities as defined in the Company health and safety policy, and ensure that any specific responsibilities are adequately delegated in their absence.
* To ensure that health and safety and wellbeing activities are treated with the same importance as safety.
* To ensure that all Company activities are compliant with environmental legislation.
* To keep up to date with environmental legislation and to pass on any relevant information to the effected persons or department.
* To establish an effective environmental management system that could be audited in respect to accreditation to ISO14001
* To carry out environmental awareness training at all levels of the business.
* To ensure that all waste is disposed of in compliance with relevant legislation and duty of care.
* To provide information as required by insurers, Emergency services, Environmental Agencies, Customers, etc.
* To calculate the Company’s annual Packaging measures.
* To calculate UK and German annual WEEE obligation.
* Take the lead in establishing and delivering the Businesses strategic approach to Sustainability.
* Demonstrate through clear KPI’s the key development deliverables and mange delivery expectations against plans.
* Work cross functionally with all Departments in delivering improvements, such as eradication of Cardboard, Re-usable material implementation, to support our targets.
* Lead by example in promoting Hozelocks development and ensure this is visible to every level of the Business on an ongoing basis.
Specific Functional Capabilities:
* Experience of driving change successfully and ability to influence stakeholders.
* Experience of Health & Safety and environmental requirements
* A desire and focus to change and improve on our sustainability contribution as a selling point and driver.
* Bachelor degree is desirable.
* Clear track record of Environment and Health and Safety excellenceApply now