Head of SME Engagement / Senior Business Development
Job Title: Head of SME Engagement
Increase your chances of reaching the interview stage by reading the complete job description and applying promptly.
Salary: £43,000 – £55,000 per annum based on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. We create a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. Our ambition is fuelled by our commitment to showing the power of technology to fuel progress, deliver results and enhance lives.
Our culture is one of collaboration, inclusivity and empowerment which is reflected in our core values:
Respect: for each other, our work and our stakeholders
Courage: when embracing change and transformation
Integrity: honesty and genuine through our approach
Generosity: in sharing time and knowledge and celebrating great work
Pride: in our industry and how we represent it
This role will focus on shaping techUK’s proposition to a wider range of SMEs and right across the country. As part of the member relations team, the successful candidate will develop techUK’s SME offering working closely with the business development and programme teams to ensure our policy work, market access activity and services benefit our SME community. They will also work closely with our Nations and Regions programme as we strengthen our proposition across the UK.
You will be leading techUK’s work to expand the number of SME members and also improve retention of SMEs in membership through a programme that identifies clear market opportunities and shapes our offering to them in a scalable manner. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong community building capabilities and experiences. You should be available to travel around the UK as required to ensure success of the business. You will report into the Director for Brand, Marketing and Communications.
- Development of SME offering by creating partnerships, introducing new business services and other initiatives working with other teams
- Ensuring regular engagement with SME community through direct interactions, marketing, events development and networking
- Reporting on SME member engagement and developing recommendations for improvement of business offering
- Developing business development and retention tools for SMEs to share across the organisation
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable managing projects and programme across multiple teams
- Excellent community building and networking skills
- Able to articulate, explain and sell the benefits of techUK’s offering to a range of audiences
- Able to drive creative approaches to developing techUK’s proposition for SMEs
- Experience of working with board level executives on strategy
- Has a strong commercial focus
Essential knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of the commercial drivers for SMEs and the UK technology landscape
- Knowledge of funding models available for UK digital SMEs
- A proven track record and experience of building and maintaining business communities
- Strong project management skills, ideally able to demonstrate the successful delivery of public policy or market engagement outcomes
- A strong interest in how tech can deliver positive outcomes with a particular focus on the role of SMEs in shaping a better future
- Has an awareness of tech companies’ business models and drivers
Desired knowledge and experience
- Experience with marketing tools such as ClickDynamics and Hootsuite
- An interest in the issues facing SMEs in different industries and different parts of the country
- Experience working in membership bodies or public policy
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications received, if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Cover letters must be kept to a max. of 500 words.
Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.
Candidates with experience of;Membership Engagement, Partnership, Business Development, Member Relations, Client Engagement may also be considered for this role.