Head of HR (Sales & Service) – 12 month FTC
Job Description – Head of HR (Sales & Service) – 12 month FTC (CAM47226)
A high number of candidates may make applications for this position, so make sure to send your CV and application through as soon as possible.
Head of HR (Sales & Service) – 12 month FTC – ( CAM47226 )
- Reports to: VP Strategic Programmes Office
Working as part of a global team to be a true strategic partner to the global Sales, Service and Marketing leaders, enabling them to drive business strategy, people performance and engagement across their teams. Being commercial minded and passionate about living Abcam’s values and culture whilst delivering invaluable HR support .
- Strategic partner to the executive leader of the business area and their leadership team with a focus on people and team
- Proactively partner with key senior stakeholders to achieve delivery of business area and Abcam strategic objectives
- Seek to proactively understand business’ needs and drive organisational effectiveness including change management and implementation of people strategies
- Evaluate capabilities and work with executive leader to develop people plans to close capability gaps
- Provide tactical HR support where necessary
- Ensuring the overall people strategy is regionally/culturally applicable and meets the future needs of Abcam and the business area
- Keep up to date of the external trends, anticipating the impact on the workforce and recommend solutions where appropriate
- Understand the pulse on the ground and proactively identify issues/trends that may impact the teams and Abcam strategy
- A key interface between the HR Centres of Excellence and the business area, to ensure expert knowledge is applied on initiatives (e.g Reward, Learning and d evelopment)
- Progressive and continued development of the business areas global workforce planning including development of talent pipeline, mobility and succession planning
- Continually evaluating, influencing, coaching, and developing leaders
- Supporting an exceptional employee experience, developing people and their careers at Abcam
- Implementing and constantly reviewing the people strategy and objectives that makes Abcam the best place to work!
Summary of Job Requirements
- Commercially and culturally astute, focused on adding value with the ability to influence & persuade senior leaders
- Experience supporting or partnering with commercial and/or sales functions is an advantage
- Excellent communicator who is confident, capable and credible with the capable and credible with the ability to have challenging conversations, coach leaders and implement communication and engagement initiative across teams and the business
- Demonstrable experience of designing and delivering successful initiatives focused on enhancing performance, Inclusivity and business culture
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm whilst leading and managing numerous priorities
- CIPD qualified or have similar internationally recognised professional HR qualification is a plus
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Primary Location GB-GB-Cambridge
Discovery Drive Cambridge Biomedical Campus