Head of Compliance and MLRO
Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer, the Head of Compliance will help define and build the business’s compliance function. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced compliance professional to help build and scale a robust compliance environment for the business.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please make sure you meet the following requirements as listed below.
This role will provide; hands-on development of compliance monitoring, policies and processes; assurance that controls are operating effectively; and, provide appropriate analysis/advice to support the effective management of compliance risks.
- Protect the business by maintaining a highly compliant culture
- Protect the people, value and reputation of the business
- Help define an appropriate and healthy compliance culture and work to embed this within the business
- Own and develop a suite of compliance policies and procedures
- Maintain these to capture future developments and ensure that these stay relevant and effective. Key policies include: conflicts, inducements, complaints, IDRP, record keeping
- Further develop and manage the business’s compliance framework with appropriate controls and mitigation Develop effective ongoing monitoring and reporting
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the business
- Be flexible in working beyond defined processes to engage first line process owners, ensuring that the accountability and management of a compliant environment are both defined and aligned to the organisation’s strategy
- Proactively provide compliance management advice, identifying regulatory developments, and advising the Board and senior management on appropriate actions
- Maintain an understanding of compliance best practice and in the wider regulated financial services industry and apply this learning through continual improvement to the compliance program
- Create strong relationships internally and collaborate proactively with all functions, particularly with the CTO (who owns Cyber, GDPR, BCM) and the Head of Risk
- Build compliance awareness by helping senior managers to embed a robust compliance culture across all areas of the business
- Build and maintain good relationships with: The regulator, representing the Firm on matters of regulatory oversight and compliance reporting; and external specialist advisors, such as legal and compliance consultants
- Broad expertise and experience in a solo (or small team) role in compliance/control/governance in an FCA regulated business; compliance consultancy; or, FCA or equivalent regulator
- Anticipated, developed and implemented response to new regulations
- Designed and embedded an effective Compliance risk management framework/monitoring strategy
- Established key processes and controls
- Understanding of financial services and wider regulations, particularly conduct, SMCR, systems and controls, treating customers fairly, reporting, GDPR etc. ESG a plus
- Extensive exposure to governance structures, and familiarity with presenting at Board level
- Exposure to pensions/life products, or retail investments a plus, but not essential
- Audit and oversight of third-party service provider controls
- Conducted rules mapping exercises
- 10+ years’ experience in a relevant compliance role
- Compliance qualifications desirable but not essential
- Professional qualification (legal, accountancy) desirable but not essential
Sound like you? Apply today!