Fundraising collections coordinator volunteer (Preston)
Please note: All our collections are currently taking place online
Use your organisational and people skills to help make a tangible difference to our work.
Virtual bucket collections make a massive difference to the work we do at home and across the world. Can you spare your time to help arrange and co-ordinate online collections?
To join our team you don’t need any previous experience. We only ask that you are warm and enthusiastic, and willing to share your virtual bucket collection with your friends, family and other contacts.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Health and Safety Statement
We take an individual approach to ensuring your safety.
We may ask you to complete a simple risk assessment. We will also have a conversation with you to discuss any restrictions that may still be in place in your region and identify any adjustments you may need.
Please read the information in this job post thoroughly to understand exactly what is expected of potential candidates.
More about this role
- Fundraising collections coordinator volunteer
- Where you will be based
Why we want you
Collections raise lots of money for the us across the country and we need organised and enthusiastic individuals in every area to support us organise and manage even more of them!
What you will be doing
- Contacting venues to organise collections, with the support of your manager
- Managing the buckets and other materials for collections
- On the day coordinating our amazing bucket shakers!
- Talking to public about our work
- Counting cash and banking the money you raise at the collection
The skills you need
- An interest in meeting people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience with organising groups of people- or someone eager to gain these skills
- Happy to travel in their local area to collection sites
- Ability to follow guidance for banking
- Minimum age 18
What’s in it for you
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Be the power of kindness in your community
- Learning opportunities so you can represent the British Red Cross with confidence