Frontend Developer (Mid-Level)
At Pulselive we create experiences that sports fans can’t live without. We exist to unlock the power of sport through technology by uniting communities, entertaining, and inspiring people around the world.
Read the overview of this opportunity to understand what skills, including and relevant soft skills and software package proficiencies, are required.
Our work is dedicated to one of the most socially impactful activities on the planet
– sport. As a technology company, we strive to provide equal access and enjoyment to every new and existing sports fan, the world over. We’re a team of highly talented and engaged creatives, engineers, product managers and researchers that collaborate to make this happen.This empowers us conceptualising, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s mobile apps.
Our team is over 120 strong, predominantly in the UK, with a number of offices including Australia, Spain and the United States.
*About the role:
*As a Frontend Developer, you will have the opportunity to build solutions that engage millions of sports fans worldwide.
Working with a wide range of data sources and frontend technologies, building custom UI experiences for sports fans.
You will progress your own skills and expertise along the way, sharing and learning new technologies and techniques across the team.
At Pulselive, we pride ourselves in providing a collaborative environment that ensures we produce leading products across web and native applications.
** Producing frontend code to a high standard that not only functions correctly but can be understood and extended by other members of the team
* Showing good attention to detail in the final product, taking care and pride in what is produced
* Communicating clearly both technically and creatively, to ensure the best possible solutions are built
* Tracking and communicating progress within a project across the project team, especially the Project/Product Manager
* Managing code releases to internal environments (Dev, Test)
* Developing own skills to get as many aspects of frontend development to an expert level, as possible
* Sharing of ideas and techniques across the team, contributing to and learning from the team as a whole
*Expert knowledge of:
** HTML and CSS
* Browser and device testing (inc.
- Responsive web builds
- Competent with:
- SASS development
- Gulp workflow usage
- GIT usage and code management
- JSON data structures
- JIRA usage for task/ticket management
- Documenting front-end solutions and code
- Using APIs to GET and POST data
- Integrating with and using third party libraries/applications (e.g
- Understanding of:
- NPM and Bower dependency management
- Web performance
- Web accessibility
- SEO considerations and techniques
- Gulp workflow setup-At Pulselive we truly value our team and have developed our approach to ensure you are not only rewarded for your contribution but have access to unique benefits along with a positive approach to wellness. We want to ensure that your career, health and well-being are of the utmost importance at all times
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Buy and Sell Annual Leave
- Annual Wellness Contribution
- Personal & Professional Development Days
- Headspace License
- Wellness Activities
- Monthly Mobile Phone Contribution
- Tickets to Sporting Events
- Sony Group Discounts
- Video Introduction
- Talent Team Chat
- Video Call with Team