Front End Developer
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can explore new places and meet new people, from anywhere.
Is this the role you’re looking for? If so read on for more details, and make sure to apply today.
We all want to connect with others and with so many forces driving the world apart, we want to be a force that brings the world closer together.
Our live-streamed tours allow people from around the world to connect and interact with locals in a meaningful way.Guides broadcast themselves live from their phone as they walk around a place.
It could be St Mark’s Square, Yellowstone National Park or the streets of Barcelona.Users are able to join for free, see the guide’s video in full screen, ask questions and chat with other users, see where they are by following the guide on a map and show their appreciation with a tip.
See the platform in action [here](https://www.virtualtrips.io/).We currently operate over 300 tours in 80 places around the world and have tens of thousands of people travelling with us every week.
We’re growing fast (20-30% week-on-week) and looking to bring as many interesting places online as possible.
*About the role:
*As the platform expands we are looking to build out our development team to make our streaming experience as immersive as possible, build social features to allow people to make meaningful connections with others and allow users to track their journey of exploration around the world.
We’re looking for front stack developers of varying skill levels and years of experience
- Collaborate with the wider company to understand the context behind what you’re building
- Be focused on building social tools for our travellers to connect to each other
- Work on building our streaming interface and the functionality around it
- Write high quality, well tested code
- Work as part of a high performing development team that shares best practices
- Working closely with the product designers to understand how our users are using the platform
- What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional developer of front end web applications
- Experience building highly scalable front end applications
- Excellent appreciation for UI/UX design
- Experience writing clean and well-tested code
- Enthusiastic self-starter that will be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to quickly build and maintain authentic relationships and trust with individuals
- Diligent and organised so that you are able to manage rapidly changing circumstances and priorities
- Passion for building connections and curious to learn more about the world
- Our front end tech stack:
- A fully remote role with flexible working hours
- A high achieving, experienced and fun team
- A chance to be a part of a rapidly growing startup
- An international and diverse working atmosphere
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous holidays
- Call with Head of People and CTO
- Tech test
- Formal interview
- Video call with Founders/Team members for cultural fit