European Cost Administrator
European Cost Administrator | Middlesbrough | Office Based | Full Time| Core working hours are 9am to 5.30pm |
Bulkhaul Limited provide a global service for the distribution of bulk liquids and powders and has representation in over 100 countries worldwide. The operation is controlled from our corporate headquarters in Middlesbrough, supported by Bulkhaul offices strategically located in the United States, Japan, Singapore, Korea, Brazil, Belgium and Germany.
The continued growth of our business provides several career opportunities within the organisation. This vacancy offers the opportunity to work as part of the Ancillary Cost Team for Deep Sea & Short Sea Liquids and Powders to ensure correct processing and maximum recovery of all supplementary costs incurred by the company from our head office in Middlesbrough. This is an important function within the company’s operations and systems are in place to assist and automate as far as possible. It might suit candidates looking for an administrative role who enjoy controlling their own workload and customer base. Training will be provided in-house by existing members of the team, to gradually build up a good knowledge of the processes and varied customer database of the company.
Please note that your own transport is recommended due to location.
What can you expect in return?
* Private Health Cover
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance
* Core working hours are 09am to 5:30pm
* 25 days holiday per annum plus all statutory bank holidays
Are you the right person for the job?
* Excellent communication and organisational skills to liaise both with customers and with colleagues in the UK and in our foreign offices
* The ability to focus as the work requires substantial amount of concentration and accuracy
* Good IT literacy
* A good aptitude for basic figure work
* The ability to prioritise work and use own initiative
* The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team to assist in all areas of the department if/when required
* A confident personality with a desire to progress – Broader development is anticipated within the department as more experience is gained
* Previous experience within the shipping/transportation or freight forwarding industry would be an advantage but not essential
What will your role as an European Cost Administrator look like?
* Control and management of European additional costs
* Notification of costs incurred to customers within the assigned customer base
* Retrieval and collation of necessary documentation to support the above costs where necessary
* Handling any queries raised
* Approving costs in the system ready for invoicing to customers
* Maintenance of current rates in customer profiles
* Assisting with preparation of reports/schedules
What’s next? It’s easy! Click “APPLY” now! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please make sure you complete the relevant online application form via our Company website