Based in Tewkesbury
Salary £25,000 per annum + Benefits
Experience, qualification, and soft skills, have you got everything required to succeed in this opportunity Find out below.
30 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays, Refer a Friend Scheme – potentially receive £250, Group Personal Pension Scheme – 4% Employer contribution, Employee shop – discounted products and potential free delivery, On-site tuck shop, Free car parking on site
Do you want to work for a growing, independent food manufacturing company with a family feel ? Do you actually want to facilitate change, raise the bar for environmental safety across the company and drive creative campaigns? If so this could be the next position for you!
Proud to represent this award winning dairy business who are looking for their next Environmental Officer. This is a challenging yet rewarding role where you will manage the Environmental Function on a day to day basis for the company and drive them to be the leading environmental family dairy by 2025.
You will report in to the Technical Director and be the environmental technical specialist for this company
Main Responsibilities: –
- To be responsible for the Company’s environmental strategies and development to meet legislative requirements
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- Implement, monitor and develop an environmental management system to meet the Company’s environmental permit (IPPC)
- Produce, implement and audit the company environmental policies to meet current legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and industry parties
- Build relationships, collaborate and gain buy in with all levels of the business
Required Qualifications and Experience
- NEBOSH Environment Certificate – Essential
- IEMA – Desirable
- Environmental or Sustainability Degree – Desirable
- IPPC Knowledge
- Excellent record keeping (submitted reports, supplier data, waste transfer notes, etc)
Ideal Personality Traits
- Proactive and pragmatic
- Visible cross the site and hands on in approach
- Collaborative with strong communication skills
- Engaging and able to influence at all levels
- Innovative and forward thinking
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: or call 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.