We are a leading Global automotive manufacturer of systems and components seeking a VP or Engineering Director to lead our UK R&D facility which is our global flagship for new product development. This position as Engineering Director or VP of R&D is responsible for leading the R&D team and managing the development plans to ensure efficient product development and launch. Furthermore, the Engineering Director / VP of R&D is responsible for engineering activities driven by product maintenance.
BASIC SALARY: £100,000 – £110,000
· Car Allowance
· Corporate Benefits Package
LOCATION: Midlands Based
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Nuneaton, Leicester, Derby, Stafford
JOB DESCRIPTION: Vice President R & D, Engineering Director – Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Aerospace – safety critical instrumentation
As VP of R&D you will be working with and leading the UK R&D Engineering Team in this world class facility. You will be responsible for the development of the R&D strategy and technology roadmaps in combination with defining and building the competencies needed for product leadership. Leading a growing team of 50 plus senior engineers within Mechatronics, Software, Systems, Design, Testing, and Homologation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Vice President R & D, Engineering Director – Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Aerospace – safety critical instrumentation
· Accountable for successful product development planning and execution
· Motivates and builds a high performing team
· Mapping and managing competencies
· Defines and monitors site and department objectives aligned with the R&D strategy
· Drives accountability and results from R&D technical disciplines
· Manages product development and resource management for global R&D
· Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills
Manages budget and forecast
· Planning, monitoring and execution of annual budget and forecast process for the defined R&D site responsibilities
· Planning and managing headcount according to planned and approved budgets
· Applies a high level of knowledge in Automotive / Commercial vehicle industry and market requirements to drive innovations and Product development initiatives.
· Applies a high level of relevant Product Development knowledge including ISO26262 and TS16949 Quality Procedures
Champions transparency and compliance to R&D procedures
· Manages and monitors documentation related to product development.
· Manage and leads improvement work aligned with global R&D strategy
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Vice President R & D, Engineering Director – Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Aerospace – safety critical instrumentation
We are looking for an effective communicator, a team leader, and an expert in product development, with a proven track record of creativity, innovation, team leadership and successful agile delivery.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering
· Leadership experience and training
· Experience in Automotive/Commercial Vehicle engineering
· Experience in Systems engineering is a plus.
· Product / process development and launch experience mandatory
· Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
· Languages: English and preferably German
· Knowledge of APQP and Product Launch
Experience from the Automotive, Commercial Vehicle, Aerospace and/or a safety critical instrumentation engineering sector would be a major advantage.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: VP, Head Design System Engineer, Chief Engineer Systems, R&D Engineering Director, Programme Engineer Director within Automotive, Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles, OEM Tier 1 or Tier 2. Transportation or Aerospace.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IL16897, Wallace Hind Selection