Engineer Surveyor – Lifting / Pressure
Apply below after reading through all the details and supporting information regarding this job opportunity.
– Lifting / Pressure Location: Manchester Salary: £30,000 plus depending on experience.
Contract: Full Time, Permanent We are Plant Inspection Services and we are recruiting! If you have the hands-on engineering background we need and are looking for something different, we would like to hear from you! With over 30 years in the industry, Plant Inspection Services are proud of our reputation for quality.
We provide in-service examinations under LOLER, PSSR, and COSHH, to help clients meet their obligations and comply with current UK legislation.
Our aim is to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships and provide a personal, reliable inspection service to each of our clients We believe that those carrying out the examinations should be independent, we do not provide any servicing or maintenance.
Engineer Surveyor: About the Role We are looking for an Engineer Surveyor to join our team! You will be working from home, ideally based around Manchester although we have a flexible attitude to your location as we have clients across the North of England.
* You will be carrying out Thorough Examinations on a wide range of equipment in accordance with the Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) and Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR).
* You will organise your own diary, liaising directly with clients and booking appointments to inspect plant on customers’ sites.
* Full administration support will be provided including final production of reports so that the engineer’s time is focussed on examining plant.
* You will receive training from both internal and external sources to ensure that you are comfortable and competent to carry out the inspections required.
Unlike most inspection companies you will not be writing up the final reports yourself as full administration support will be provided.
Engineer Surveyor: About you Our staff are chosen for their combination of technical qualifications, experience and expertise, which enable them to react quickly and appropriately to real-life situations.
Our lifting and pressure engineers are affiliated with the Bureau of Engineer Surveyors and the Society of Operations Engineers.
We are looking for a new member of our team, not just an employee.
Attitude is as important.
You will be a "competent person" as defined by the Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations, competent mechanically and in your attitude to your work.
- A mechanical engineer with sufficient hands-on experience and/or academic qualifications
- Willing to work on site in all weather, travel, and stay overnight if required (although this is not frequent)
- Ideally you should be eligible to be accepted by the "Engineering Council" at Engineering Technician grade or above
- A full driving licence
What we offer
- Competitive salary, reviewed regularly
- Annual bonuses based on company performance
- Paid membership of relevant professional bodies
- Company vehicle with full personal use
- Mobile Phone
- Company Pension, with up to 10% matched Above all we aim to develop you as an engineer and ensure you are happy in your role
We want you to stay with us.
If you feel you have the relative skills & experience necessary to be successful within this role then please click on ‘APPLY’ forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please