Electronics Technical Support Engineer
Electronics Technical Support Engineer
Do you have knowledge of electronics gained either through an electronics or engineering qualification, or experience within a similar technical support role? If so, read on to uncover this exciting career opportunity…
IQD Frequency Products have been providing electronic components for time and frequency control for 50 years. We are based in the UK but support customers across the world. Four years ago, IQD became part of the Wurth eiSos group who supply a large range of electronic components. The eiSos Group includes 8000 employees and has an active sales team based in every country in the world.
We are a small company thinking dynamically and constantly looking to change and adapt to market needs, but we are also part of a very large global company with all the infrastructure, support and opportunities this offers.
We are a team of hardworking and passionate people, and you’ll join the business during a time of exciting rapid growth, with plenty of encouragement and opportunities for career development within many areas of the business.
The Role – Electronics Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will join a small, highly experienced team based at our Crewkerne office in Somerset. You’ll bring your existing understanding of electronics and will be provided with in-depth training that will enable you to contribute to this dual-aspect role consisting of technical support and sales.
Your duties will include, although will not be limited to:
* Providing application and technical support to customers and team members directly via telephone and email, and occasionally in person
* Supporting our Sales team by proactively contacting potential and existing business customers by phone, email and face-to-face
* Responding to all customer enquiries, ensuring the highest levels of customer service
* Researching technological developments relevant to the industry
* Creating new technical models and updating existing specifications using database systems in line with new technological developments
* Writing training documentation and delivering technical training to the Sales team
Our Requirements – Electronics Technical Support Engineer
* Knowledge of electronics, either gained through an electronics or engineering qualification or proven experience within a similar role
* IT savvy, and confidence learning software packages such as, 3DCAD, Database management and CRM tools
* Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Although not essential, experience gained providing technical customer support would be highly advantageous, as would the ability to converse in a second language such as German.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you’ll benefit from:
* Permanent contract, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 4.30pm
* Salary in the region of £25,000 – £35,000 with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
* Bonus scheme
* 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service
* Excellent career development opportunities
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance (x3 salary)
* Profit share scheme
* On-site car parking
* Free daily refreshments, with plenty of social events including our annual summer BBQ
More about us:
We have operations in America, Asia and Europe, offering a comprehensive frequency product range, from low cost commercial grade products to those used in high reliability military and professional grade applications including Quartz Crystals, Crystal Clock Oscillators and Rubidium Oscillators covering frequencies from the kHz range to over 1GHz. We were acquired by Würth Elektronik eiSos Group in 2017.
All applications for this Electronics Technical Support Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions