Electrical Supervisor Location: You will be permanently working from HMP Woodhill, MK4 4DA Salary: £36K
Please ensure you read the below overview and requirements for this employment opportunity completely
- £39K per annum Contract: Full time, Permanent We’re growing! Who are we? We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,400 staff
We are three years young, with a head office in London and dozens of opportunities to work across the south of England.
But we’re growing fast.
It’s a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company
– and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us? You will become a key worker which provided job security throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Become part of a high-performance organisation which has a people focused culture.
Who are we looking for? We are looking for highly motivated, customer-oriented people from all walks of life to bring the right skills to our organisation.
This means you could be on the first rung of your career
- or someone who has decades of experience in a technical environment
Or, you could be ex Forces and seeking the ideal place to use your considerable experience in civilian life.
What do we offer? Amongst the many benefits, you’ll enjoy real job security, a competitive salary and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top).
Our company pension kicks in on day one.
People matter to us.
Therefore, everyone at GFSL can access impressive health and wellbeing support services.
As we reach the one-year anniversary of COVID, we take the safety of our people very seriously.
That’s why a core value is ‘Everyone goes home safe’.
We are seeking an Electrical Supervisor to assume responsibility for
- Supervising the electrical team and other site staff as required
- Ensuring all electrical and other systems are maintained in alignment with the service specification
- Managing and supervising contractors
- Taking accountability for the effective management of the tool inventory and maintain security standards within the work area
- Participating in the site and service inspection tours to monitor, analyse and evaluate against quality standards
- Updating the CAFM system as and when required
- Taking accountability for ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and company policy including undertaking the role of Fire Warden and/or First Aider as required You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience as an electrician or equivalent
- C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent
- A certificate in BS7671
- The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition
- A proven track record of working within an FM environment, preferably within a secure environment / military / health sector or similar sector
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a facilities / building services trade, or have two years of recognised experience and specialist skills as a supervisor in the facilities sector
- Knowledge of risk and compliance, demonstrable planning and project management skills and an ability to drive change
- You will have experience of working on electrical building services systems in a commercial or industrial sector
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
Why not apply today and we’ll be in touch? No agencies please