Early Years Teacher (Term Time Position)
Who Are We?
If you are considering sending an application, make sure to hit the apply button below after reading through the entire description.
Clowns Nursery Manor House Pre-School is an Ofsted-outstanding, independent childcare provider located in a beautiful setting opposite Golders Hill Park and Hampstead Heath. To give you a snapshot of who we are and what we do, please take a look at our website.
Our vision and ethos at Clowns is to develop the right mindset in our children. We believe that by developing the right mindset it enables each child to develop the skills to become a confident and life-long learner who goes on to lead a successful, happy life.
What Are We Looking For?
Are you passionate about Early Years Education? Would you like to work in a setting that truly values wellbeing and developing a Growth Mindset for both the children and adults within the setting? If so, then this might be the role for you. An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within a friendly, creative and busy nursery where children excel both academically and socially.
We are offering a well-qualified and highly experienced applicant the unique opportunity to fulfil the role of Class Teacher at Clowns Nursery Manor House Pre-School. We are looking for enthusiastic and adventurous Early Years and Primary teachers to join experienced, dynamic and professional practitioners at our Nursery in Golders Green.
We are looking for someone who
- Is both enthusiastic, adventurous and passionate about early years education
- Shares our vision and ethos
- Is a team player
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced nursery environment
- Uses their initiative and thinks outside the box
What we can offer
- A well-resourced nursery environment
- A friendly and highly supportive manager and staff team
- Extensive training opportunities
- High staff : child ratios
- 3 qualified and experienced practitioners in the class
- Confident and friendly children who are eager to learn
- The unique opportunity to join a team of experienced, dynamic, and professional early years practitioners
About The Role
- Job Title: Early Years Class Teacher
Hours: Term Time. Monday – Friday 8.00am – 4.00pm
Salary: From £28,000 – £38,000 (dependant on experience)
Commencement: 1st September 2021 (Autumn Term 2021)
Location: Clowns Nursery Manor House Pre School, Cinderella Path, 153 North End Road, London NW11 7HZ
This is a permanent role, and the Class Teacher will be expected to work Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm during the term. This post requires a full-time commitment and is well-suited to an experienced teacher with dedication, passion and drive for the Early Years.
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children
- Be committed to developing a love of learning, whilst also implementing a structured environment to ensure that each pupil develops at an appropriate pace through differentiated planning and teaching. This should incorporate effective use of our outdoor learning spaces and ensure the high quality of learning is sustained
- To equip the children with the tools and skills required for the process of the 4+ assessments
- Be an effective Nursery teacher, planning and implementing appropriate learning experiences within a stimulating learning environment
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Take responsibility for the welfare and safety of all the children in our Nursery
- Promote positive behaviour from children and to assist in establishing good standards of behaviour throughout the Nursery
- Writing reports on pupil’s development and progress twice per year
- Leading and managing classroom staff assigned within the room. You would be expected to take an active role in supervision of their paperwork and work with them in developing their professional skills. You would be expected to support them in their understanding the Early Years Outcomes, writing effective observations and producing and tracking progress in each child’s individual Learning Journals to the expected outstanding level
- Support colleagues as necessary and work cooperatively as part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET days
- Carry out all other duties, in and out of the classroom, including school outings and attending feeder school meetings. Please be aware that you will be required to complete planning, report writing, parent meetings and displaying the children’s work once the teaching day has ended
- Attend parents’ evenings to discuss pupils’ progress with parents alongside the manager
- Liaise with other teachers in parallel classes to ensure consistency and outstanding practices across the curriculum
- You are required to be an exceptional team player who is used to working in a busy environment with a large staffing team, including full time extra-curricular staff (P.E., Drama and Music)
- You are required to abide by the ethos and values of the nursery
- Work closely with other members of staff to establish the highest standards of achievement, within a learning environment which reflects current excellent practice for very young children
- To promote equal opportunities for all
- To be sensitive towards children’s individual learning needs and make appropriate educational provision for children with SEND or are Able Gifted and Talented
- To plan, organise and resource a classroom environment which will facilitate children’s autonomous, independent learning and enable children to maximise their full potential
- To establish and maintain good partnerships with colleagues, parents and carers, outside agencies and children including good home-school links
- To monitor children’s progress, keep meaningful records and evaluate performance through formative assessments
- To communicate and consult with parents and carers and with outside agencies, as necessary about children’s progress and attainment
- Maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance, conduct and positive, courteous relations with children, parents and colleagues
- Adhere to policies as set out in the Clowns Staff Handbook
- Undertake other reasonable duties related to the job purpose required from time to time
Knowledge and skills required
- A good standard of education at degree level or above: QTS in Primary Education, specialising in Early Years
- Experienced candidates with a full and relevant level 5 or above will be considered, as well as those with Early Years Teacher Status
- A flexible, collaborative, and adaptable working style
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
- Comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework (EYFS)
- Support the practitioners by planning and delivering activities to achieve high quality teaching and learning within the EYFS Framework
- Highly organised and accurate in observations and assessment of children’s development and progress
How to apply
To download the application pack please follow the ‘Join Our Team’ link on the main page of our website. Please note that we do not accept CV’s as a form of application, although you are welcome to include a copy of your CV in addition to the completed application form.
Selected applicants will be invited for a Zoom interview and asked to complete 3 short written tasks, after which short-listed candidates may also be required to plan and teach a lesson.
The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom he/she is responsible, or with whom he/she comes into contact will be to adhere to and always ensure compliance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy.
If while carrying out the duties of the post, the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school he/she must report any concerns to the manager. The post holder must possess an enhanced DBS check.