Early Years P.E. Teacher
Who Are We?
Find out exactly what skills, experience, and qualifications you will need to succeed in this role before applying below.
Clowns Nursery Manor House Pre-School is an Ofsted-outstanding, independent childcare provider located in a beautiful setting opposite Golders Hill Park and Hampstead Heath. To give you a snapshot of who we are and what we do, please take a look at our website http://www.clownsnursery.co.uk/.
Our vision and ethos at Clowns is to develop the right mindset in our children. We believe that by developing the right mindset it enables each child to develop the skills to become a confident and life-long learner who goes on to lead a successful, happy life.
What Are We Looking For?
Are you passionate about Physical Education in Early Years? Would you like to work in a setting that truly values wellbeing and developing a Growth Mindset for both the children and adults within the setting? If so, then this might be the role for you. An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within a friendly, creative and busy nursery where children excel both academically and socially.
We are offering a well-qualified and highly experienced applicant the unique opportunity to fulfil the role of P.E. Teacher at Clowns Nursery Manor House Pre-School. We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and adventurous Early Years P.E. Teachers to join an experienced, dynamic and professional team at our Nursery in Golders Green.
We are looking for someone who
- Is both enthusiastic, adventurous and passionate about P.E. in the Early Years
- Shares our vision and ethos
- Is a team player
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced nursery environment
- Uses their initiative and thinks outside the box
What we can offer
- A well-resourced nursery environment
- A friendly and highly supportive manager and staff team
- Extensive training opportunities
- High staff : child ratios
- Confident and friendly children who are eager to learn
- The unique opportunity to join a team of experienced, dynamic, and professional early years practitioners
About the role
Position: Early Years P.E. Teacher
Hours: All year round. Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm.
Set holidays: 7 work days at Christmas, 4 days at Easter, 10 days at the end of August and all bank holidays.
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 p.a. (dependent on experience)
Commencement: September 2021 (subject to references)
Location: Clowns Nursery Manor House Pre School, Cinderella Path, 153 North End Road, London NW11 7HZ
Clowns Nursery is an outstanding childcare provider located in a beautiful setting opposite Golders Hill Park and Hampstead Heath.
We are looking for a Physical Education Teacher with experience of working with under 5s in a busy to join our vibrant, outstanding nursery where children sit formal assessments for selective schools.
The candidate must
- have excellent communication skills. The candidate needs to have a sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum to be able to embed physical education within all age groups
- be able to identify and utilise the equipment and resources which ensure high quality P.E. teaching and learning. The candidate will be responsible for ordering and maintaining equipment
- be able to assess the needs of individuals to inform lesson planning, to deliver high quality lessons, evaluate the impact of these and develop future planning according to age groups. Planning must go in line with the age and stage of development of the children – especially those children who will be entering Reception after the final year at the nursery
- be responsible for leading Sports Day for the 4-year olds
- be willing and able to lead all off-site activities related to P.E., including any planned activities conducted outside of the nursery – either in the park or on the Heath extension
- have appropriate methods of dealing with behaviour
- contribute to the children’s nursery reports under the ‘Physical Development’ area of learning. The candidate will communicate with parents and colleagues so a high standard of English is essential
- attend all Staff Training Days as well as parent’s evenings in November and June, where they will be meeting the parents of the children
- Excellent communicator
- Uses initiative
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Evaluate own practice critically
Knowledge and skills required
- Evidence of P.E. subject knowledge (degree/other relevant qualifications) is essential
- Experience of teaching and creating activity plans for Under 5’s
- A flexible, collaborative and adaptable working style
- Comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework (EYFS)
- Support the classes by planning and delivering activities to achieve high quality teaching and learning within the EYFS Framework
How to apply
To apply please download the application form which can be found by following the ‘Join Our Team’ link on the main page of our website. Please note that we do not accept CV’s as a form of application, although you are welcome to include a copy of your CV in addition to the completed application form. Please ensure that you have completed all sections, including the position for which you are applying.
Selected applicants will be invited for a Zoom interview and asked to complete 3 short tasks, after which shortlisted candidates may also be required to plan and teach a lesson.
Applicants must either have a registered DBS certificate on the update service or have adequate documents to make an application.
The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom he/she is responsible, or with whom he/she comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy at all times.
If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post, the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school he/she must report any concerns to the manager. The post holder must possess an enhanced DBS check.