Digital Architecture Lead – Future at Lloyd's
Lloyds is transforming and needs curious minds to help define and influence that change. We’re looking for people with new perspectives and the confidence to share them, so come and join us.
Check below to see if you have what’s needed for this opportunity, and if so, make an application asap.
Now is the time
The Future at Lloyds strategy is where we seize the moment. Its where we create and realise opportunities, and where you can discover our vision for tomorrow. That means professional opportunities with an international reach, as we set out to evolve our marketplace, and deliver easier, simpler and better interactions and transactions for both customers and employees.
Working at Lloyds on the Future at Lloyds strategy
Time moves on, and at Lloyds simply staying current isnt enough. As the worlds leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace, we need to be the most forward-thinking and innovative in every respect. That means continually improving our customer-focused marketplace, it means digitisation a technological transformation. Combining data, technology and new ways of working is the Future at Lloyds strategy.
Part of our evolution involves growing our team, and bringing in a range of views, perspectives and backgrounds that will allow us to deliver this transformational culture. That relies upon open and trusting relationships, and a shared vision for that continual improvement. The is an environment where new perspectives are encouraged, where resilience, fresh ideas and different opinions are valued.
About the opportunity
This role is leadership role in the Digital Office, reporting to the Head of Digital Platforms. This is central to the delivery of the future of the Lloyds and delivery capabilities within the Digital domain. The role is accountable for the design of new digital applications and services in support of the Digital Office and Digital Service Layer, to embed the right Digital culture and capability as part of the transformation of Lloyds described in
- Management Overall management responsibility for Strategy, Architecture and Innovation disciplines and associated technical teams (permanent and/or contract staff), including responsibility for correct staffing levels and utilisation to meet resourcing of work, recruitment and performance management
- Lead the production and review of the Digital Strategic Principles, including:
- Sourcing key inputs, including liaison with Strategy and Business Planning to understand the Corporation strategy
- Reviewing with key stakeholders, both within IT and the business
- Liaison with LMG / Market Modernisation programme, to ensure alignment
- Lead the production and review of the Technology Roadmap, supporting the Strategic strategy
- Provide Consultancy services for Digital to shape business plans and business cases and regularly review the overall portfolio of live services provided by Digital to the Corporation and the Market, to ensure that legacy risk / roadmap alignment is appropriately identified
- Translate the Digital legacy risk into proposals for mitigating action by the Corporation
- Champion User Experience and work with the Corporation to identify the appropriate ways that Digital is consumed by end users, e.g. to support flexible working
Key skills and experience
- Experience of delivering Enterprise Architecture and strategic solutions within complex organisations
- Architectural understanding of technologies such as Servers, Networks, Applications, Databases, Middleware, Cloud
- Experience of leading an architecture team in a large, complex organisation
- Experience of transformation programmes such as Cloud, Application refactoring and optimisation
- Experience of global enterprise ERP, CRM or HR systems is desired but not essential
- TOGAF9.x certification
- Experience of architecting solutions in collaboration with self-organising agile teams
- Familiarity with a variety of Agile delivery frameworks e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DSDM
- Design thinking, customer journeys & user experience
- Implementation of agile techniques in problem solving at scale
- Knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).,Test Driven Development (TDD) and Domain Driven Design (DDD)
Realise your professional ambitions as part of an organisation that is trusted to solve some of the worlds most complex problems in an environment that puts a focus on sharing risk to create a braver world.
Please be aware that the recruitment process will comprise of several steps where your CV will be reviewed by our Recruitment team and if successful you will be invited to attend a telephone interview, followed by a more in-depth video interview. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a positive experience for you. Please click the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.