DevOps Engineer (AWS, Unix) Remote
JOB OVERVIEW; DevOps Engineer (AWS / Unix / RDBMS / Git / IaC) sought by exciting technology company start-up (established 2014) and provider of digital marketing optimisation SaaS solutions, integration services and professional services within Big Data, adtech and marketing solutions.
CONTRACT TYPE; Either permanent candidates or contractors will be considered!
SALARY / RATE; Totally negotiable / market pay rates for contractors plus generous pre-IPO stock allocation!
LOCATION; My client has offices in London and Cologne, Germany however you may work remotely for 99% of the time!..with just very occasional trips to an office.
My client was founded in 2014 and is an independent privately-held tech consultancy company with headquarters in London and development offices in Cologne. They are subject matter experts in digital marketing strategy, product solutions, ad operations and data science. Most of the team have been working together for many years and the services provided are the result of this close collaboration. They have a European focus with a global reach. The team have worked across all continental markets throughout the marketing value chain, with specialist knowledge in the mobile sector.
Their mission is to help organisations develop strong digital marketing capabilities, and unlocking value of existing systems and tools. Their clients maintain the highest level of control over customer data and privacy by establishing their own marketing ID across any digital channel and product domain.
We are looking for an additional professional DevOps Engineer, reporting directly to the company Head of Technology, whose role will be to further develop our leading edge real-time platform for identity resolution, compliance and customer engagement. We are interested in experienced and talented engineers who are passionate about DevOps to help us develop our technology. We value people that can combine thought leadership with a practical can-do attitude and enjoy working in a diverse international environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING;
· Design, build and operate my client's platform, ensuring all development is scalable, testable, maintainable, highly available and secure
· Evaluate new technologies
· Integrate project functions and resources across the product life cycle, from planning, through build, test, and deployment, to support
· Drive the automation of all development and operations processes
· BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
· Experience with continuous and iterative development in a cloud environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude
TECH SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
· Experience with cloud platforms, with a focus on AWS preferable
· In-depth Unix experience; strong networking (tcp/ip) skills; VPN experience
· Good experience in managing RDBMS and NoSQL systems
· Proven programming skills in languages such as Shell, Go, Java, Ruby
· Experience with Source Code Management tools (e.g. Git)
· Experience with “infrastructure as code” (e.g. chef, terraform)
· Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
· Capability in SRE
· Understanding of data security approaches and standards
If you wish to be considered for this excellent opportunity please send a CV asap