Data Science- Marketing (EMEA)
The full job description covers all associated skills, previous experience, and any qualifications that applicants are expected to have.
Nextdoor is where neighbours turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighbourhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbours rely on Nextdoor in neighbourhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, our Growth Marketing team is charged with driving member growth and revenues from businesses advertising on the platform. This team has a marketing science function which brings the analytical horsepower to develop actionable insights and support various marketing strategies. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the EMEA Growth team to support analytical efforts for multiple products, segments and channels. You will design/deploy complex decision frameworks for targeting and responsible for experimentation design, measurement and communication of results. You will bring a strong mix of technical and statistical skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with many leaders and stakeholders including but not limited to finance, data science, engineering and product.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will have an opportunity to work in a growth focused organization and make a huge impact by optimising a multi-million dollar marketing budget. Your work will come to life through strategic/analytical thinking, operational excellence and creatively solving complex business problems. You will –
- Build growth, engagement and revenue optimisation decisioning tools
- Identify knowledge blindspots and test into them
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to analyse, measure and optimise customer acquisition and existing member engagement strategies
- Develop analytical frameworks in a complex platform environment and deliver conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders
- Collaborate with team members on a day-to-day basis to ensure the efficient execution of analytical frameworks and design of experiments
- Build out required performance measurement tools and dashboards
- Build inferential and predictive models to describe customer behaviour within the product and marketing funnel
- Productionalise new ways of working (including automating predictive model scoring and campaign selection) What You’ll Bring to The House
- Quantitative mindset with strong analytical skills with a degree in a quantitative field
- 3+ years of in-depth applied statistics and analytical experience ideally in partnership with Marketing, Growth, Operations, or Product Management departments
- Strong with SQL and an analytical programming language including R or Python
- Experience building predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- An understanding of customer lifetime value (LTV) and segmentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity for discovery and creativity in solving complex challenges Bonus Points
- Familiarity with experiment design and A/B test analysis including measurement selection
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience in a high growth tech company within B2B and/or B2C environments
- Comfortable developing innovative analytical measures to help stakeholders better understand our customers and products
- Knowledge of online advertising and ad tech space; robust understanding of online advertising best practices At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records