Customer Service Expert
Are you a problem solver with a logical approach and an eye for detail?
A variety of soft skills and experience may be required for the following role Please ensure you check the overview below carefully.
Are you able to learn fast and stay calm under pressure?
Are you a strong communicator with a sympathetic ear? If the answer is yes, and you are as passionate about customer service as we are, then you’ll fit right into our supportive and friendly team.
Customer Service careers are different here at Aviva. We believe in creating a better tomorrow, for everyone. That’s why we’re here, and that’s why 15 million customers across the UK have placed their trust in us.
As part of our growing contact centre teams, you will speak to a wide range of customers over the phone every day. As you look to answer all of their queries and provide them with the very best service, your performance won’t be measured against rigid targets but against important values like ‘care more’. In other words, it’s the quality of the personalised service you offer that we’re interested in. Our products can be really technical – there is a lot to learn but don’t worry, you’ll receive plenty of training and support to help our customers with their complex queries.
There’s a great team spirit in Sheffield. We really enjoy coming into work – so much so, that the average length of time people spend with us in this team is nearly seven years. It just shows how rewarding, interesting and important these positions are. It’s all because we’re united in our purpose to create a better future.
But don’t take our word for it. Hear what our colleagues have to say about the role:
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, returning to the office is under ongoing review in accordance with Government guidelines. As a result, you will be working from home until further notice. You must have an appropriate working area, good internet connection and mobile phone signal. We will provide all relevant IT equipment to enable you to work from home.
You’ll be working full-time, 35 hours a week. And in return, we’ll give you
- Starting salary of £18,500 – £22,000 depending on skills and experience
- 25 holiday days plus bank holidays so you can take some well-earned down time (and if that’s not enough, you can also buy up to 5 extra holiday days – or sell 5, if you’d prefer to boost your income)
- We provide phone-based support to our customers between the hours of 08:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday. You will work a 7 hour working shift allocated in advance. Saturday shifts are currently 08.30 – 12.00 and you will be required to work approximately one every couple of months. There are currently no Sunday shifts
- We have a self-led learning culture, so you’ll have lots of scope to broaden your horizons
- Our opportunities for progression allow you to develop in the role at your pace, eventually excelling in the role to become one of our experts in department
- There are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to continue to progress their career and aspirations
- The opportunity to earn a bonus for doing a great job and going the extra mile
- Up to 40% off loads of Aviva products, such as Motor and Travel, plus up to 15% off for friends and family
- A generous pension (we’ll put at least 8% minimum into your pot)
- Discounts on things like cinema tickets, groceries, clothing and electronics
- Volunteering days with your team, so you can give back together
- Discounted healthcare membership to help you take good care of yourself
On top of the nitty-gritty, we also give our colleagues the chance to be themselves. We’re proud to be different, so we want you to bring your whole self to work.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on +44 (0) 7393 469953 or send an email to .
- As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role