Customer Service Adviser – Full Time/Part Time
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. Aviva understands the positive difference we make in our customers lives every day and we are on hand to be there for our customers.
Apply now, read the job details by scrolling down Double check you have the necessary skills before sending an application.
Joining our Protection Customer Operations Centre of Excellence, you’ll play a vital role as the face of our company, ensuring our customers and financial advisors feel supported and cared for, every step of the way.
We don’t do ‘ordinary’ and we’re not looking for ‘run of the mill’. Our customers expect a great service, delivered by a great team. So, we’re looking for exceptional people who bring their whole self to work, who want to do a brilliant job and love taking care of others.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You’ll handle a range of inbound and outbound calls from Customers and Financial Advisers about their new or existing Protection policy, ensuring they receive the best possible service
- You’ll take personal responsibility for delivering on our purpose and values – owning the customer journey, maximising the opportunity for first point resolution whilst looking at ways to evolve and improve the way we work
- And you’ll act as an advocate for our brand, representing our business as the face of Aviva. Understanding customer feedback and what is important to our customers, collaborating as one team to drive change
Skills & Experience required
- We recruit for attitude and train for skill so we’re looking for positive, forward-thinking people who are as passionate about our customers as we are
- We’re looking for people who are adaptable with good social skills and high levels of emotional intelligence
- Who enjoy working with other’s and who are comfortable making decisions, participating actively within their team in helping to shape the work they do
- We want people who are curious and caring, that want to make things better and who constantly strive to do more
- We want our team members to flourish and create a career within Aviva where they feel supported and driven to do the best they can
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary of £17,650, with an increase to £18,500 upon satisfactory completion of your training and accreditation
- Shift patterns covering the hours of 8:00-18:00 Monday to Friday, 35 hours p/week
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits including a matching share save scheme
- Smart working approach offering a combination of both home and office working
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on +44 (0) 7or send an email to .
- As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role