Customer Sales Assistant – Yard
This is an immediate start for a Yard Sales Assistant with the UKs largest builders merchants.
Scroll down for a complete overview of what this job will require. Are you the right candidate for this opportunity?
Come and enjoy flexible hours as part of a great team. Work outdoors, keep physically active and meet different people every day.
Flexibility & Hours: Choose your hours
This is a Fixed Term Contract, until October 2021. You will work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Your standard hours will be 07:30AM to 13:00PM Mon-Friday and Saturday mornings from 08:00AM to 12:00PM (if applicable) with the option to flex up with the branch opening hours.
How does the role fit into our business?As a Yard Sales Assistant, you will deal directly with customers who come into the yard to buy or collect building supplies.
Our success is built on teamwork and great customer relationships. So, we want you to provide a helpful, friendly and efficient service at all times. Its likely that you will get to know customers on a first name basis – relationship building really is important.
What will you be doing?
- Processing customer orders, and loading customer and company vehicles
- Unloading new stock deliveries and booking them into the warehouse
- Maintaining a tidy, safe working environment – safety is at the heart of everything we do (which includes maintaining social distance)
What skills do you need?This is a key customer facing role. So, the most important thing is the ability to provide great customer service. We can teach you the rest.
Due to Health & Safety requirements all applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Does this sound like you?These qualities are in the DNA of all our fantastic Yard Sales Assistants. If this sounds like you, please apply now.
• Physically active: you will have equipment to help move items, but there will be some lifting of building materials (eg. bags of gravel).
• Friendly & outgoing: you will be happy to deal face-to-face with customers and build ongoing relationships with them.
• Adaptable, resilient & tenacious: you need the drive and high energy levels to thrive in the fast-paced environment of a yard.
Why Travis Perkins?Travis Perkins has been voted one of the UKs Top Employers every year since 2010. We pride ourselves on looking after our people and being a great place to work.
Visit the Whats in it for me? section at www.tpplccareers.co.uk/Travis-Perkins-Part-Time-Jobs to find out more about the great benefits we offer.
If youre interested in career progression, then you will be encouraged to enrol on a TP development scheme there are lots of opportunities in the Groups 20+ businesses.
Dont delay, please apply today for an immediate start.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown.