Critical Care Sister / Charge Nurse
Sister / Charge Nurse – Oxford Manor Hospital – Up to 45,000k per annum
Are you looking to progress in your career and be recognised for the development and learning you have gained since becoming a registered nurse? Would you like to challenge yourself further and look to not only provide a quality standard of care to your patients but also guide and support others to do the same?
If any of the above rings true, then we may well be the company for you! As one of the UKs leading not-for profit healthcare providers we seek to ensure our nursing team are equipped and enabled to provide the necessary time and care to patients whilst recovering from their procedure.
If you are considering sending an application, make sure to hit the apply button below after reading through the entire description.
Please get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat, you can email our recruitment manager where we will endeavour to answer any questions.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Critical Care Nurse to join our team in Oxford. Together with the Clinical Head of Department you will be required to assist in the day to day management of the Critical Care services. Along the way, you’ll build strong relationships with consultants, hospital senior leaders, a wide range of healthcare professionals and, of course, patients. Working collaboratively alongside the consultants, you’ll ensure patients benefit from the best possible treatment and care.
Operationally responsible for the Critical Care services within the Intensive Care and High Dependency unit (total of 7 beds) and the hospitals Outreach service, you’ll enjoy the chance to make a real difference with Nuffield Health. We’ll require you to actively contribute to service development, policies and strategies, and identify opportunities. You will support individuals and teams to deliver high quality, clinically effective patient care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
To succeed as a Sister / Charge Nurse you will
· Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, your specialist training must include a Critical Care postgraduate qualification and a minimum of ILS, ideally ALS and CALS.
· Ideally have a qualification in teaching and assessment, together with mentoring experience
· Have evidence of Critical Care competencies at level 1 and either achieved or working towards level 2
· Have clinical assessment skills; a physical examination course would be desirable. You’ve also have senior level experience in critical care settings.
· Professional management experience is essential, as you’ll need to be equipped for business planning and development, audits and clinical governance, infection prevention, health and safety, and risk analysis.
- Employer and employee contributory pension scheme
- We want you to be the best you can be. We will support you with training opportunities and career development options
- Free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs,
- Life assurance, private healthcare and health-screening
- Access to the Perks at work reward platform which gives you access to cashback and discounts with over 30,000 retailers and service providers
- Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits
About our Critical Care Unit Nuffield Manor Hospital – Oxford
The Manor has gained an international reputation for excellence offering patients a premium service in neurosurgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, and cancer care, supported by a specialist paediatric ward, 7 bedded intensive care unit, and 6 bedded PACU ensuring patients receive the best possible care.
Dedicated to delivering safe and compassionate care every day. The Manor Hospital is proud to offer its patients the additional assurance of having a 365 day a year adult Critical Care Service – a service not available in many private hospitals. The Manor Hospital consists of:
- 31 inpatient rooms including 6 PACU beds
- 20 day case bedrooms
- 6 Paediatric beds
- Outpatient consultation rooms
- Six operating theatres
- Cardiac catheterisation lab
- 7 Specialist intensive care beds
- Oncology day unit
- Endoscopy and minor ops theatre
- Full diagnostic imaging suite including MRI, CT, ultrasound, mammography and general X-ray
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation
What to do next
To apply for the role click on the link below. If you have any questions contact in our friendly talent acquisition team.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.