Credit Underwriting Analyst
Position Type :
Apply below after reading through all the details and supporting information regarding this job opportunity.
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
- Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We provide an outsourced operational service for UK banks and other financial services organisations. The team works across a variety of processes covering fraud, anti-money laundering and credit underwriting for a wide range of products including Savings, Loans and Credit Cards. We are currently working remotely but are planning a return to the office in the second half of 2021. The operation is 7 days per week; opening hours are 0800-2000 Monday to Friday and 0800-1800 Saturday and Sunday.
It is fast paced, fun and interesting with a great group of colleagues.
What you will be doing
You will review and investigate customer applications for Loans and Credit Cards that are referred for manual credit underwriting checks to determine affordability and suitability for both the customer and our clients. Responsibilities include:
- Assessing credit applications and making subjective credit approval decisions based on credit worthiness considering ability and intent to repay
- Assess customer applications to verify information supplied and rule out suspicious activity
- Conduct outbound calls to applicants, account holders and 3rd party agencies such as other financial institutions or services
- Participates in department initiatives to improve efficiencies
What you bring
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills managing multiple tasks
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Added bonus if you have
- Experience of credit risk or credit underwriting
- Experience in UK Financial Services
- History of customer service or customer facing roles
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- Training across core financial services and FIS solutions
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.