Cover Supervisor Teaching/Child Support – Term Time
Pay: £14,170 – £15,011 per annum £19,335 – £20,483 FTE)
Please ensure you read the below overview and requirements for this employment opportunity completely
- Start Date: September 2021
Hours: 8am-3pm – Term time contract
Cornwallis Academy are seeking to appoint a cover supervisor who will make a positive impact to our students’ learning.
Main responsibilities include
- To undertake whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
- To develop curricular knowledge as required by the school
- To apply the school’s Behaviour Management Policy
- To set homework previously prepared by the teacher
- To undertake observations of the students and contribute to student records
You will be required to cover all subjects as a floating teacher. We are seeking strong candidates with a high level of initiative and strong classroom management skills. You will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to use your own initiative whilst also being able to relate well and establish a rapport with young people. You will need to be flexible and able to work constructively as a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities. You may also be required to participate in development and training opportunities as and when they arise.
For further details and responsibilities of what the role entails please download the job description. This is a great role for those who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching in coming years.
We will offer you
- A vibrant and exciting place to work
- An excellent CPD programme, with opportunities for action research and gaining nationally accredited qualifications
- The support of a Trust that currently runs two secondary schools, a primary school and nursery for children aged 3 months to 4 years
- An opportunity to join various schemes such as the Benenden corporate healthcare scheme
Interviews: June 2021
Information about the school
Future Schools Trust is a visionary organisation comprised of two secondary academies, a sixth form, primary school and a nursery school. Occupying state-of-the-art facilities our objective is to secure the very best educational opportunities for the young people we serve. We pride ourselves in being innovative in changing the face of education. If you are an ambitious, motivated and enthusiastic team player, we want to hear from you.
Future Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.