We have a fantastic opportunity for you to secure a 12 month contract as a Cost Engineer in our Bridgewater office, hybrid role 3days a week in the office 2 days home based
What will you be doing?
· Working in the Cost Discipline of Integrated Project Controls (IPC), under the direction and leadership of the IPC Cost Manager, to develop, maintain and deliver timely and accurate cost data and reports for either one of the Programme Controls Teams or the Central Controls Team within the HPC Project, including forecasts, performance analysis, earned value, cash flows, and monthly reports on the Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP). To support EDF Energy in minimising the Estimate at Completion (EAC) for the Programme in accordance with best value.
· It is the overarching objective of the Integrated Project Controls (IPC) Function to act as a centre of excellence: the intelligent owners of the single source of delivery performance information, operating as an integrated enabler for the successful delivery of the HPC Project.
What are we looking for?
· Understanding of cost management methodologies and techniques;
· Ability to understand and use cost management software;
· Understanding of earned value analysis;
· High level of analytical and numerical skills;
· Good attention to detail;
· High standard of interpersonal skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of estimating, scheduling and risk management techniques and associated software;
· Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context;
· Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC;
· Working knowledge of cost risk analysis techniques;
· The ability to build relationships both internally and externally;
· Good commercial awareness;
Working knowledge of French and/or Chinese languages an advantage Qualifications & Experience
· Minimum of HND or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or other related field;
Proven relevant experience in a Project Management or Project Controls environment in a similar Cost role
What’s in it for you?
· Full time
· Excellent daily rateApply now