CNC Operator Setter
CNC Operator/ Setter/ Programmer (Milling) | St Ives Cambridge PE27 | £30.6k – £34.6k
Come Make it Blue®!
Looking for an interesting career with a local international manufacturing company that offers sponsorship?
We are delighted to be working with Webtec, a specialist manufacturer of hydraulic measurement and control products helping to improve the productivity of heavy machinery and proud to be awarded ‘Investors in People Silver’ in 2020.
Webtec’s R&D, Manufacturing, IT, Service, Finance, Sales and Marketing based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire together with subsidiary companies in the USA, Germany and Hong Kong offering lots of room to grow your career.
Webtec’s Vision is to believe in being better than we are today, striving to constantly improve, and inspiring others to enjoy the challenges that engineering brings.
About the role:
Webtec is looking to recruit a skilled CNC Miller to join their team in the machine shop. The role will be to support the department supervisor with setting and operating the production machines along with the programming and proving out of new parts on their 3 and 4 axis machining centres.
As a member of the Milling team, you will be required to keep production running by keeping the machines loaded and managing the quality of the parts being machined. You will also be required to provide support to other members of the team, when needed. This position is for a 39-hr week on our 2 shift pattern with a weekly rotation.
Monday-Thursday 6.00am-2.30pm, 1.30pm-10.00pm
Friday 6.00am-1.30pm, 12.30pm-8.00pm
Key responsibilities include:
* To program, set and operate the CNC Mills to which you are assigned to.
* To run production jobs on the CNC machines and to carry out all inspection duties required to ensure that parts are manufactured correctly, to the drawing and meet tight deadlines.
* To ensure the ERP system and all paperwork is completed correctly and on time.
* Complete all associated documentation and ensure compliance with ISO9001 procedures.
Ideally you will:
* Have experience of programming Fanuc based machines.
* Be keen to contribute new improvement ideas.
* Have good communication skills with strong personal motivation and commitment to make things happen and be used to working to tight production deadlines.
* You will have experience of quality assurance procedures to ISO 9001 standards.
* 24 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
* Discretionary profit share scheme for all employees
* Life Assurance Scheme
* Workplace Pension scheme