Cloud Technical Authority Lead – Part Time/ Full Time
Cloud Infrastructure Technical Lead
Qualifications, skills, and all relevant experience needed for this role can be found in the full description below.
You will be joining Aviva at an exciting time for our data platforms and services, which form a core pillar of the organisational strategy.
Working within the IT Data & Analytics Platform, you will be leading the team responsible for the delivery, support and maintenance of the Cloud infrastructure that underpins our data exploitation and analytics tooling. This tooling includes QlikSense, Business Objects, Dataiku and RStudio amongst others, and is used by business teams across the entire Aviva Group.
The Cloud Infrastructure Technical Lead is a key role within the team. You will ensure that we have optimised platforms in place to cater for the data tooling applications used by the business, and that these platforms comply with Aviva’s Cloud Hosting Standards. You will provide innovative solutions to infrastructure problems and deliver automated solutions. You will lead a team of Infrastructure Engineers to deliver the required outcomes for our Data Exploitation & Analytics tooling.
- Lead a team of on-shore and off-shore Infrastructure Engineers, providing technical leadership & guidance, embedding best practices, performance managing, developing and growing the team
- Ensure high availability of the application toolset, driven through architectural design, monitoring & alerting, & delivery of service improvements
- Support resolution of production incidents related to the data tooling service, including root cause analysis, implementation of fixes, and post-incident reviews supporting process and service improvements
- Guide projects and business teams with performance concerns to understand bottlenecks, and propose and deliver enhancements
- Implement standards, processes and controls which ensure compliance with the Aviva Cloud Hosting Standards, including security and vulnerability management, and AMI refreshes
- Deliver Application Upgrades in line with a defined release schedule
- Define controls and standards for newly adopted technologies and develop migration plans to drive transformation
- Expand and improve the current infrastructure code base using modern infra-as-code patterns and automating maintenance routines to support day-to-day activities
- Monitor and track Cloud tooling costs and continuously seek to optimise processes and infrastructure to drive cost efficiencies
- Own technical infrastructure designs, leading on any future advancements in architectural changes
- Collaborate with other teams within the Data and Analytics Platform to deliver change effectively
Skills & experience required
- Recent hands-on experience with public Cloud platforms (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud) and container-based architectures, alongside experience with modern software design patterns
- Strong knowledge of Jenkins, Terraform, Packer, PowerShell & Unix
- Experience with both Windows & Linux OS
- Able to lead, motivate and develop technical resources, delivering successful team outcomes through collaboration and innovative thinking
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple requests in a fast and pressurised environment
- Able to balance long-term direction and necessary short-term goals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent stakeholder and relationship management
- Experience in working within an Agile methodology
- You must be able to be on-site in Norwich for at least part of the week
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £50,000 – £55,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to .
- As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role