Carpentry / Joinery Apprentice
Carpentry / Joinery Apprentice Duties:
As a carpenter or joiner, you may work in one or more of the following areas:
* Cutting and shaping timber for staircase components such as treads, newel posts, handrails etc…
* Assembling staircases as part of a team.
* Installation of New Designer Staircases and the renovation of existing staircases as part of our clients Nationwide staircase renovation service
* Preparing materials for French polishing, including preparation of timber and fine sanding prior to heading to final finishing within our clients French Polishing workshop.
* General joinery and workmanship around the factory when required to helps streamline processes, systems and office space.
* General factory maintenance.
Alongside these duties, you will be completing an Apprenticeship, working towards a globally recognised Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 qualification.
Salary £22,000 per annum
Carpentry / Joinery Apprentice Requirements:
* Speak good English
* Positive attitude to work and colleagues
* Ability and awareness of working safely
* Desire to learn
* Clean and tidy worker
* Has strong self-awareness
* Both resilient and committed
* Flexible on working locations and day to day tasks as this will change every week.
* Always looking to improve
* Enjoys being a team player
* Ability to work away from home on a regular basis (costs covered)
About the Company:
Our client is based in Stoke on Trent, with an award winning product and service. They offer the design and manufacture of the ultimate luxury staircases across the Nation, with a stellar reputation of their designs, installations and customer service. An extremely bespoke and exciting productApply now