Care Bus Driver – South Hertfordshire
The Care Bus Driver is a newly formed role and will evolve as the new strategy is developed and implemented.
All potential candidates should read through the following details of this job with care before making an application.
The senior Community Centre team consists of four Community Hub Managers and an overarching Senior Programme Design Manager and central services leads of Digital Skills, Befriending and Meals on Wheels.
Each Care Bus Driver is responsible for safely transporting members from their home to the designated Jewish Care Resource in the morning and afternoon.This post is 16 hours per week.Working to the Administration and Operations Lead, The Care Bus Driver is responsible for driving Jewish Care members and for the clean and safe maintenance of their bus.You will be responsible for:
* Day-to-day operational delivery of safe and effective driving and transport services for older people and people living with dementia in collaboration with Administration and Operations Lead and Welfare and Programmes tea
* To To ensure that the vehicles are maintained to a proper standard of road worthiness and cleanliness in collaboration with Administration and Operations Lead and where appropriate liaise with Jewish Care’s vehicle agent to efficiently coordinate maintenance and recovery.
* In collaboration with Administration and Operations Lead and Welfare and Programmes team and corresponding with the agreed times and locations of activities, carry out any other driving duties as and when required.
* Confidently engage with members throughout the journey to put them at ease and other any reassurance.
* Assist passengers to agreed standards and procedures to and from their home.
* Working collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to take part in safeguarding concern enquiries, follow up appropriately and to enhance the quality of life of older people.What you will need:
* Midas (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme) or willingness to undertake this training.
* Midas PATS (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme
– passenger assistance training) or willingness to undertake this training.
* Note that for insurance purposes the post holder must be over 22 years old with 3 years’ driving experience and hold a current clean driving licence.
* Minimum 2 years’ experience working with older and/or disabled people in a professional or personal capacity
* Minimum 2 years’ experience of working with people living with dementia in a personal or professional role
* Experience working in a complex multi stakeholder environment
* Experience of or an interest in working in a co-production culture
* Knowledge of the Jewish community, across all levels of observance, local parlance and festivities
* Knowledge of general adult safeguarding best practice
* Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations and their practical application in day to day operational work
* Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to deliver a consistently high-quality customer experience
* Ability to work empathetically and respectfully with people of all ages and abilities
* Ability to use own initiative and work independently
* Ability to handle challenging situations gently, with confidence and integrity
* Ability to lead and be led amongst a highly creative and collaborative peer group
* Ability to work in a team and build trusting relationships with others
* Excellent problem-solving skills, and able to think clearly under pressure
* High levels of IT literacy in the use of modern business systems e.g.
Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and cloud-based services and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systemsClosing date for applications is Wednesday 16th June 2021Interviews will be held between 17th and 28th June 2021For a full job description for this role please email are a team of many different backgrounds and culturesJewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK.
Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.Why you’ll love working with usNo matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, we’ll reward you for your hard work and dedication.
On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
* 4% employer pension contribution
* Employee referral bonus scheme
* Excellent training opportunities
* Free meals
* Wellbeing & staff recognition initiativesAbout usJewish Care is a communal organisation touching the lives of over 10,000 people every week.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by enhancing wellbeing and inspiring them to stay connected to their community.
We provide a variety of health and social care services to meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with oth