Care Assistant – Clarkston House.
Below, you’ll find a complete breakdown of everything required of potential candidates, as well as how to apply. Good luck.
Northcare (Scotland) Ltd is a family run business that has been established for over 30 years and owns care homes in South Lanarkshire, Glasgow City, East Renfrewshire & Edinburgh.
At Northcare, we have placed many residents in our luxury home care over the years and we are passionate about finding the right suite for you. Our service is tailored to you and we will listen to all your needs and will never pressure you into deciding unless you are happy with the luxury care home in question.
When you choose Northcare, you can be confident that your loved ones will have everything they could need to live their day-to-day life at our wonderful luxury care home. All of our residents have access to the Library, Clarkston snug bar, Hair and Beauty Salon, Private Dining room with Butler service, Clarkston Bistro, Private Cinema, Sky Terrace with breathtaking panoramic views.
We take pride in offering 50 comfortable, classic bedrooms. A penthouse floor has been designed into Clarkston House that contains a roof top garden, 40 seat bistro, private dining room with butler service, large hairdressing and beauty salon and activity workshop room.
We know that a homecooked meal is the foundation of happy and vibrant home life so that’s why our team members are committed to making every mealtime an enjoyable experience for all our residents. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the main dining rooms in Northcare Suites. We provide menus that are frequently reviewed to ensure that we offer nutritious well-balanced meals for our clients daily.
Located on the top floor of Clarkston House, The Bistro offers clients and their guests all day brasserie style dining. Serving the finest dishes using seasonal and locally-sourced Scottish produce in an elegant, atmospheric and relaxed setting.
We advocate activities that promote physical, social and emotional wellbeing, and we support our residents to continue with their hobbies or pursue new leisure activities. We develop monthly activity programmes and schedules which include outings and regular entertainment including the use of our private cinema, music room & arts. Residents can book the cinema for private screenings for a special occasion or a select group of friends or family.
The private garden and Sky Terrace at Clarkston House provide an opportunity for clients to enjoy our beautiful outdoor surroundings. These secure areas have been designed to maximise the garden space available and include a wide variety of features such as meandering paths, greenhouse, potting shed, BBQ area, multi-purpose activity green and sensory gardens. All of our first floor suites offer clients their own private patio areas.
Northcare puts clients safety, health and wellbeing at the heart of everything we do. We are fully committed to providing the highest possible standard of care. Residents are treated as individuals and respectfully cared for within a safe, comfortable and homely environment which provides stimulation and encourages independence where appropriate.
Northcare promotes clients to have as much choice as possible and develops bespoke care and support plans in partnership with the care staff to meet each individuals needs and wishes and maximise their quality of life by offering individual care plans tailored specifically around each client’s care needs, highly trained staff force as well as purpose-designed accommodation to support care needs.
Due to continuous growth, Northcare is looking for dedicated night & date shift Care Assistants to join our team in Clarkston Care Home in Glasgow.
You will take responsibility for the care and maintaining professional relationships of the Northcare clients. Your role will be to set and maintain high standards of care and support for clients and care staff. You will work within the general philosophy, all regulatory and statutory obligations and Northcare’s policies.
· Provide personal care and support to Residents with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities
- Know and understand the care and support that is required for each Resident
- Undertake the tasks detailed in the Residents care and support plan using a person centred and outcomes focused approach and in the least intrusive way
- Encourage the independence and motivation of the Resident and not foster dependent behaviour
- Provide input into the care and support plans of Residents by regularly feeding back to the person in charge, key worker or another relevant person
- Assist clients in their day to day routine such as: getting up in the morning and going to bed at night, toileting, personal hygiene
- Assist Clients with their medication at the agreed level of support and as detailed in their Medication Care Needs Assessment
- Support the residents at mealtimes and out with by being aware of the Residents choice, likes/dislikes, nutritional needs and cultural requirements
- Provide light general household domestic duties, which may include kitchen duties within the units, laundry and keeping rooms in order
- Use manual handling equipment safely and correctly
- Take responsibility for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the residents
- Maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with residents
- Provide companionship to the residents, actively talking and listening to them about their interests
- Help the resident to maintain contact with their family and friends
- Accompany the Residents on trips into the community
- Ensure as safe as possible the living environment for the Residents, whilst respecting the resident’s choice and rights
- Maintain detailed accurate records in respect of care delivered
- Regularly read care and support plans, acknowledging changes
- Protect the confidentiality of all information relating to the Residents and not divulge information to anyone who is not authorised to receive
- Recognise the signs of abuse and immediately report abuse or suspected abuse to a Manager Report any complaints line manager in first instance. If not, then home manager
- Dress appropriately, wearing uniform and using personal protective equipment provided by Northcare
- Seek out best practice and look at innovative ways to improve the quality and efficiency of service delivery
- Attend and participate in regular Care Worker team meetings and any other relevant meetings
- Attend in house and external training pertinent to the role of Care Worker
- Observe all health & safety rules and take reasonable care to promote health and safety of self and others and raise any concerns to the Field Care Supervisor
- Aim to ensure everyone has equal treatment and equal access to services and employment
- Any other duties requested by Senior Management, which are within the scope of the post
Skills and Experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Practical approach
- Aptitude towards learning and personal development
- Team worker
- Commitment to providing a quality service
- Responsive to individual needs
- Posses the right values behaviours and attitude to provide the best person-centred and
- compassionate care residents
No experience necessary as training will be given, the candidate is expected to be prepared to undertake mandatory training in your own time using e-learning and attend other training necessary to fulfil your role as a care assistant
Our aim is to provide high-quality care for our residents, peace of mind for their families and ensuring Northcare community care services remains a great place to work.
We are looking for caring, enthusiastic and energetic professional. A successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team but also able to act on their own initiative.
We want you to be the best you can be. We will support you with training opportunities, career development options and our unique approach.
If you believe that you are the right person for this role and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people, then we would love to hear from you. Send your CV and cover letter to be considered for the position.
When applying for this role, please state if you would prefer Days / Nights or both and also Full or Part-time hours