Business Process Analyst – Full Time/Part Time
We’ve started the search for a Business Analyst to join our Group Infrastructure & Operations Team.
Do not wait to apply after reading this description a high application volume is expected for this opportunity.
The team is responsible for Infrastructure and Network deliveries across Aviva’s markets. The team is currently split across 4 key locations – Norwich, London, Bristol and York. For this role, we are flexible with location due to Aviva’s smart working policies.
This is a great prospect that will provide you with the progress and development required to be a part of an industry leading function. If you are motivated by making a difference, enjoy a variety of assignments, are keen to develop your technical expertise and have strong relationship building skills, this could be the role for you!
In this role, you will be accountable for
- Shaping and defining the true business problem, opportunity, and associated requirement, covering People, Process and Technology
- Delivering solutions that resolve the business problem and setting out impacts and risks
- Delivering the business analysis activities on projects and programmes
- Integrity and alignment of the proposed and chosen solutions with business needs
- Developing and professionalising themselves and the business analyst community
Skills & experience we’d like to see
- Experience of delivering change across at least one of these areas – digital, data, cloud or cyber
- Proven ability to deliver business solutions for strategic projects and programmes, balancing cost, quality and time
- The ability to work at pace with resiliency and to think out of the box, driving innovation in the way in which we deliver change and outcomes
- Understands business analysis and industry best practice and standards and applies the right tools and methodologies
- Understanding of the Financial Services industry and the regulatory/legislative frameworks governing it
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to find and develop cost effective solutions that meet or exceed business needs
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online . If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to
- As defined in The Equality Act 2010 *. By ‘ minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role