Build/ Release Engineer
Join Hired and find your dream job as a Build/ Release Engineer at one of 10,000+ companies looking for candidates just like you.
Maximise your chances of a successful application to this job by ensuring your CV and skills are a good match.
Companies on Hired apply to you, not the other way around. You’ll receive salary and compensation details upfront – before the interview – and be able to choose from a variety of industries you’re interested in, to find a job You’ll love in less than 2 weeks.
As a Build/Release Engineer, you will be tasked with managing the development and deployment of software releases. You’ll work closely with a team of professionals, including QA engineers, development engineers and product engineers. Engineering candidates on Hired are versatile and self-motivated, can work in a self-directed manner or in a collaborative setting as needed, and display leadership qualities. Companies on Hired value a diversity of perspectives and encourage healthy discussion and debate, but unite behind the decisions..
- Developing new builds and release pipelines
- Correcting build errors and maintaining formal release records to track release content
- Developing dashboards to help quantify internal processes
- Storing tools in source control
- Compiling and assembling software through source code
- Designing and executing tools and scripts to develop multiple product versions
- Developing general releases, web products and service packs
- Supporting integration of new technologies
- Maintaining and evaluating tools supporting process automation for product release
- Collaborating with QA, dev production and Live Ops teams on identifying and resolving any issues or risk related to release
- 3+ years of experience configuring large-scale applications
- Experience working with cloud automation tools (Puppet, Chef etc.)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (Rackspace, EC2 etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working with software build tools and integration tools
- Solid experience working with Linux
- Solid knowledge of version control systems (Git, SVN, Perforce etc.)
- An interest in staying updated with the latest advancements in technology
- B.S. degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
These Would Be Nice
- Experience working with databases
- Knowledge of platform certification processes
- Experience with tools such as Tableau and Grafana