Build/ Release Engineer
Join Hired and find your dream job as a Build/ Release Engineer at one of 10,000+ companies looking for candidates just like you.
The following information provides an overview of the skills, qualities, and qualifications needed for this role.
Companies on Hired apply to you, not the other way around. You’ll receive salary and compensation details upfront – before the interview – and be able to choose from a variety of industries you’re interested in, to find a job You’ll love in less than 2 weeks.
As a Build/Release Engineer, you will be tasked with managing the development and deployment of software releases. You’ll work closely with a team of professionals, including QA engineers, development engineers and product engineers. Engineering candidates on Hired are versatile and self-motivated, can work in a self-directed manner or in a collaborative setting as needed, and display leadership qualities. Companies on Hired value a diversity of perspectives and encourage healthy discussion and debate, but unite behind the decisions. .
- Developing new builds and release pipelines
- Correcting build errors and maintaining formal release records to track release content
- Developing dashboards to help quantify internal processes
- Storing tools in source control
- Compiling and assembling software through source code
- Designing and executing tools and scripts to develop multiple product versions
- Developing general releases, web products and service packs
- Supporting integration of new technologies
- Maintaining and evaluating tools supporting process automation for product release
- Collaborating with QA, dev production and Live Ops teams on identifying and resolving any issues or risk related to release
- 3+ years of experience configuring large-scale applications
- Experience working with cloud automation tools (Puppet, Chef etc.)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (Rackspace, EC2 etc.)
- 2+ years of experience working with software build tools and integration tools
- Solid experience working with Linux
- Solid knowledge of version control systems (Git, SVN, Perforce etc.)
- An interest in staying updated with the latest advancements in technology
- B.S. degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
These Would Be Nice
- Experience working with databases
- Knowledge of platform certification processes
- Experience with tools such as Tableau and Grafana