Position Type :
Have you got what it takes to succeed? The following information should be read carefully by all candidates.
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
- Education Desired :
Bachelor of Arts
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Part of Worldpay from FIS, our Merchant Solutions division, the International Bid Team is responsible for managing all International (outside of the US) Requests for Proposals (RFPs) which can come from medium to large existing clients, or prospective clients. Working hand in hand with our Sales & Commercial teams, who lead these opportunities, the team has managed circa $20 million worth of RFPs in 2020.
The team also manages our RFP library of content, and we’re right now in the process of migrating to a bid management platform.
What you will be doing
The Bid Specialist will be responsible for producing professionally written proposals that clearly articulates our organization’s value proposition, and follow our tone of voice, copy guidelines and brand. This is a collaborative role that requires an ability to work under pressure, flexibly and handling demanding deadlines. You will be part of a busy team that handles in excess of 15 large RFPs every month within Worldpay from FIS.
Responsibilities will include
- You will be assigned proposals to work on within deadlines agreed, or you may be assigned series of questions to work on from a proposal managed by a Senior Bid Manager or Team Manager
- You will support the transition to a new bid management platform
- You will have the opportunity to be part of strategic projects to align processes and procedures across the three RFP teams that have now combined into one Merchant Solutions Bid team
- Participate actively in team meetings and support the generation of ideas and new concepts for better work practices and continuous improvements
What you bring
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, a sense of initiative and the ability to work both as part of a team but also independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working on RFPs and content in a fast-paced industry, where change is expected and no two days are the same, with strong resilience, adaptability and proactivity
- A professional level of written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Proficiency in problem solving and time management skills, managing multiple deadlines
- Willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment, while being able to start adding value to the team in a short space of time
Added bonus if you have
- Experience in the financial services industry, within a product, marketing or RFP team
- APMP or other relevant bid project management qualification
- Fluent in other languages, such as Spanish, French or German
- Copywriting diploma or certificate
- Project Management experience
- Proficiency with Adobe suite and MS PowerPoint, Excel & Word (advanced level)
What we offer you
- A multifaceted role with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities within our wider Strategy GTM team
- A modern and flexible work environment and a dedicated, motivated and supportive team of established writers, designers and bid managers
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.