Join Hired and find your dream job as a Backend Software Engineer at one of 10,000+ companies looking for candidates just like you.
Considering making an application for this job Check all the details in this job description, and then click on Apply.
Companies on Hired apply to you! You’ll receive salary and compensation details up front – before the interview. By joining Hired, we’re confident that you’ll find a job you’ll love!
Being a Backend engineer means that you are responsible for the construction and the efficiency of all the Backend functionality for a website. You are essential in getting a project off and running. As a Backend developer, you can integrate user-facing elements built by front-end developers with server-side logic, as well as build libraries and reusable code for future use.
We need Back-end Engineering jobseekers on Hired who are results-oriented, multifaceted and can work independently or in a team environment, to get the job done.
- Using frameworks to build service-side software and integrate APIs and cloud computing
- Analyzing and compiling data, codes and processes to identify areas of improvement and resolve issues
- Think strategically, creatively and innovatively using good judgment and technical skills
- Strong understanding of programming techniques and tools, as well as the web development cycle
- Record data and report findings to the appropriate partners
- Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Build security settings, restore and back up technologies for databases and websites
- Work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities
Skills & Experiences Our Employers Need
- 4+ years experience with Backend web development
- 4+ years of experience building well tested large-scale, distributed systems
- Experience with programming languages like HTML, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python, C# or Java, Go Language, Swift, Docker, Azure, AngularJS and Angular 2
- Experience with crafting REST APIs and version control like Git
- Experience with modern MVC frameworks such as Django, Rails, Pyramid, Flask, Sails and Laravel
- Experience with application architecture stacks, including API layer, business logic, data modeling, hosting, network and UI/UX
- B.S. in computer engineering, web development, computer science or equivalent experience
These Would Also Be Nice
- Experience crafting mobile applications using Objective-C, Swift or Android
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience doing unit testing with Virtual Machines
- Experience with Webpack
Are you ready to find your next opportunity with Hired?