Back End Developer
Before we tell you about what we do, let us tell you about who we are.
The following information provides an overview of the skills, qualities, and qualifications needed for this role.
We are a fiercely ambitious team striving to make a big impact.
We set goals that are so bold that at other companies, one might be tempted to dismiss them out of hand.
We are voracious learners – inside and outside of the workplace.
We value everyone’s ideas equally and look at performance alone – your on-paper experience before you join becomes irrelevant the day you step in.
We think logic should be the basis of all decision-making.
We are transparent with our strengths and weaknesses.
We believe success is not an accident.
We want work to not feel like work.
And we like to have fun
- we enjoy working hard without taking ourselves too seriously.We might have an informal culture, but we have a very serious mission – supporting high street businesses up and down the UK as they fight for survival, and transforming the world of work for students
We help businesses with a new way of running their operations that dramatically improves their profitability, while empowering all university students – who can order meals, movies, cabs, and pretty much anything other than earn money, at the touch of a button – to work anywhere, anytime, with anyone.We have purposefully been keeping a low profile, but today we have a team of 100+, over 50,000 students signed up to do Stints, and work with some of the biggest hospitality businesses in the industry.
And we haven’t even really gotten started.
We’ll be trying to break records in terms of the speed of our growth in 2021, as we rapidly expand to all corners of the UK and beyond, supporting the recovery of the hospitality industry.
Our market is immense, our product-market fit is indisputable, and our team is made up of talented colleagues who are driven to propel Stint through to its next stage of growth.
*About the role:
*We’re looking for someone who believes in our mission and embodies four principles that we believe to be core to who we are – Kindness, Integrity, Ambition, and Energy.
We want everyone to love what they do, continuously take on new challenges, and be inspired to build long-term relationships with colleagues as they grow with Stint.
And we have a strict no-ego policy.
The way we work doesn’t suit everyone, but if the above excites you as much as it does us, please do drop us a line.We look forward to meeting you!
*Teams at Stint are cross-functional and highly autonomous; they are empowered to define and build solutions to business problems.
As a Back-end Developer, you’ll be working with cloud-native technologies and design patterns.
You’ll be designing, developing and supporting backend services and microservices that are reliable, scalable, secure and maintainable.
The services that you develop will help to deliver a great experience for both our students and our businesses as we create a platform that will simultaneously transform the experience of being a student and revolutionise the hospitality industry!
* AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
** Defining and building scalable, distributed systems
* Using technology to solve complex business problems
* Testing and test automation
*Great if you had experience with:
* Serverless architectures, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda
* Data analytics or machine learning
* Communicating with technical and non-technical peers-
* Social, friendly and welcoming team
* Responsibility from the start
* Opportunity to grow with the company
* Share options
* Fast path to promotion and increased responsibility
* The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
* Phone Screen with Talent Team
* Interview with Tech Team (1-hour)
* Call with CTO
* Final call with Co-FounderGraphQL, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, ServerlessGraphQL, AWS, Python, Serverless, AWS Lambda, Microservices