Associate Project Manager / Project Manager Client Services Packaging
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Check all associated application documentation thoroughly before clicking on the apply button at the bottom of this description.How will you make an impact?
This role requires candidates to successfully manage and co-ordinate across all technical and service aspects of a project. This will range from initial discussions with clients, development of the project requirements, documentation aspects of setting up the project and management of all project related activities through to study completion.
What will you do?
- Serves as the internal link within the company and will have direct contact with all internal departments and direct contact with external customers
- Initiates the involvement of appropriate departments, maintaining continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard
- Leads and represents the business at kick off meetings as required by the customer
- Leads and facilitates customer teleconferences, visits and audits as required, and provides timely provision of customer reports and updates
- Interacts with Quality Assurance/Regulatory personnel to drive Problem Reports to closure
- Ensures customer needs are properly translated into quotation and has responsibility to monitor and amend the quote and budget as required
- Provides accurate and timely financial forecasting and reporting
- Responsible for revenue recognition for projects and verifies final production information for Accounting Department prior to invoices release
- Participates in cross-functional business process improvement activities as required
- Works closely together with the account manager to gain overall customer satisfaction
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Requires understanding and competent use of SOPs required by company Quality standards
- Requires excellent organizational, planning, verbal, written and numerical skills with the ability to analyze and define solutions and manage multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Requires strong and effective communication, organizational skills and project co-ordination skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- Requires ability to develop strong customer management skills; proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations
Experience required of/in
- Requires accredited college, university or recognized professional degree, preferably in a health-related field
- A strong background of successful experience in project management or equivalent
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills to include excellent relationship building
- Requires proficiency in personal computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Requires proven experience with customers in a dynamic environment
We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in an innovative and international working environment.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV (in one document) in English. Please apply via . Reference: 155889BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position – please contact Amy Beadle on 0208 1246623.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.