Area Operations Engineer
Area Operations Engineer
For over 60 years we’ve been the number one branded player in frozen potato market. When it comes to bringing the nation together at mealtimes with simple, delicious and great tasting food we’re kind of a big deal!
You won’t just find us in supermarkets though. As well as owning a household retail brand, our respected foodservice business works in close partnership with distributors, chefs and caterers across thousands of the country’s pubs, restaurants, hospitals and schools.
We are manufacturing maestros.
And we’re passionate about potatoes.
But we are even more passionate about our people.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an Area Operations Engineer to join our #WeAreMcCain family. This is a leadership role within the Maintenance department and with a team of people to manage, you’ll be a confident people leader as well as manage and report on individual and departmental KPI’s to ensure targets are being met, this will include technical, health and safety, and food safety.
Working as part of the Operations team, the Area Operations Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing the Maintenance strategy for the equipment within their area to optimise plant availability and reduce maintenance costs. You’ll ensure planned tasks are executed using all available resources based on agreed timeframes, budgets, and priorities and to agreed standards using a combination of plant, process and maintenance knowledge. You’ll also…
• Develop Work Methods, Risk Assessments and any other supporting documentation required to complete maintenance work within their assigned area safely, efficiently and effectively.
• Identify, organise and manage contracted service requirements where necessary.
• Establish practices to maintain a safe working environment and hold people to account for those standards, managing your department in such a way to deliver high levels of compliance at all times as a consistent operating standard.
• Facilitate RCM and FMEA’s for assets within their assigned area and implement changes to maintenance strategies based on outputs.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
We’re looking for a successful people leader within manufacturing, with experience of developing and implementing strategy resulting in improvements across the site. You’ll be experienced with lean manufacturing principles, advanced food hygiene and HACCP.
You must also have…
• IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH General Certificate
• HNC or equivalent in appropriate discipline
• Working knowledge of industrial plant and equipment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Although we do encourage you to taste the goods you’ll be pleased to know we don’t pay you in chips. For working hard, you’ll also get a great salary and some pretty good benefits including:
• An excellent pension where we will pay double what you do, up to a maximum of 12% of your pay
• Private medical healthcare
• Flexible holidays – where you can buy & sell up to 5 days holiday per year
• Optional health cash plan
• Cycle to work scheme
• ‘Chips In’ Volunteering Day Off – to make a positive impact to the long-term development of McCain communities across the globe
And of course, being part of a Global business there are great opportunities to shine/thrive should you wish to relocate in the future. We have an impressive 5 year growth plan that presents development & progression opportunities for those who seek it out.
WHERE WILL I WORK?
You’ll be based at our Scarborough plant in North Yorkshire. We opened this plant back in the swinging sixties, but it’s definitely not stuck in the past. It’s one of the largest French fry factories in the world and after a recent development, it’s also one of the most high tech. Our team of over 300 colleagues work hard to make sure the quality of our products keep our customers returning for more, for now and years to comeApply now