Application Support Engineer
Application Support EngineerYou can get further details about the nature of this opening, and what is expected from applicants, by reading the below.About the job
At Forfusion we take pride in delivering world class project delivery and support services to our rapidly growing client base. We’re looking for talented, enthusiastic and resourceful individuals to join our network management and application support team.
There’s never been a more exciting time for us, and we’re looking for like-minded, ambitious individuals who can help us build our business on this exciting journey…
Who Will Succeed in This Role?
Security cleared to DV level, you will have experience administering and managing networks and their associated IP services and functions. You have a good understanding of software applications and operating systems, their coding and constuction. You have experience working in a team of engineers to successfully deliver support services for public sector organisations.
Our engineers share a common set of characteristics and bring the experience that drives innovation and delivers client value, in particular they:
- Have an excellent understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging digital strategies, solutions and trends
- Possess situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from both business and technology perspectives
- Display an ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including strong client facing and team collaboration skills
- Show empathy, curiosity, and a desire to challenge and constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
What Knowledge, Qualifications And Experience Are Required?
- DV Security clearance
- 3-5 years Cisco Network Administration Experience (CCNA level)
- RedHat Linux configuration and administration
- MS Windows system administration experience
- IP management application configuration and build experience
- A good understanding of server virtualisation solutions (Vmware, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Understanding of DNS and IP services administration
- An understanding of multivendor network management platforms e.g. Cisco Prime, NNMi, Solarwinds
- Experience with configuration and automation scripting using Powershell and Python
- Excellent communicator able to build and maintain effective relationships with both customers and peers
- Experience delivering against deadlines and within client SLA’s
You are looking for advancement and investment in you. You want to progress along clear milestones which are 100% within your control. When you’re stuck, you have the humility to ask for help and feel no shame in doing so. You want to be trained, coached, mentored, challenged and stretched. You relish a different culture that affords you flexibility, sensible work/life integration and the chance to be an integral part of a winning team.