MacKenzie Kerr Ltd is an experienced Chartered Accountants and Business Adviser with offices in Inverness and Grantown on Spey.
Do not pass up this chance, apply quickly if your experience and skills match what is in the following description.
Our professional service is based on a thorough understanding of financial requirements, combined with an approach that is personal to you. Every financial matter is different and therefore our advice is tailored on an individual basis. We make it our job to fully understand your requirements to provide you with the best possible service.
Due to continuous growth, we are now looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our busy office in Grantown-on Spey, with scope for career progression.
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of year-end limited company, sole trader and partnership accounts
- Personal and corporation tax
- Contact and liaise with clients
- Processing, reporting and submissions to clients & HMRC
Skills and Experience
- Experience in preparing Ltd company, sole trader, and partnership accounts
- Experience in preparing VAT returns
- Knowledge of a variety of accounting software packages
- Have a pleasant manner with excellent organisation and communication skills
- Have good attention to detail, the ability to prioritise workload, have a positive attitude
- Have the willingness to learn, be a team player and be able to work with minimum supervision and to deadlines
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and online bookkeeping packages such as Xero, Sage and Quickbooks is desirable
- Experience in preparing charity accounts as well as personal and corporate tax knowledge is desirable
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Private health care
We are a family-friendly firm with a low staff turnover. We offer a fantastic work culture, lots of social events such as days out – canoeing, quad biking, hill walking, bowling, and cocktail making.
This is a great opportunity for someone who will embrace our culture and continue their accounts career progress. You will be a forward-thinking, proactive individual with a genuine desire to contribute to the future development of our business.
If you are keen to secure this role within a unique accountancy firm, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter.