Accounts and Audit Senior
MacKenzie Kerr Ltd is an experienced Chartered Accountants and Business Adviser with offices in Inverness and Grantown on Spey.
Find out if this opportunity is a good fit by reading all of the information that follows below.
Our professional service is based on a thorough understanding of financial requirements, combined with an approach that is personal to you. Every financial matter is different and therefore our advice is tailored on an individual basis. We make it our job to fully understand your requirements to provide you with the best possible service.
Due to continuous growth, we are now looking for an Accounts and Audit Senior to join our busy office in Inverness, with scope for career progression.
- Plan and perform audits
- Obtain background data for audit planning
- Draft Management letters and reports
- Ensure time budgets are maintained
- Supervise and assist junior staff
- Preparation of year-end limited company, sole-trader, and partnership accounts
- Personal and corporation tax
- Contact and liaise with clients
- Processing, reporting and submissions to clients & HMRC
Skills and Experience
- ICAS or ACCA qualified
- At least 2 years post qualified experience within a multi-partner practice with at least 40% audit exposure
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
- Have a pleasant manner with excellent organisation and communication skills
- Have good attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to work with minimum supervision and to deadlines
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and online bookkeeping packages such as Xero, Sage and Quickbooks is desirable
- Experience in preparing charity accounts as well as personal and corporate tax knowledge is desirable
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Death in service
- Private health care
We are a family-friendly firm with a low turnover of staff, with a great location in Inverness. We offer a fantastic work culture, lots of social events such as days out – canoeing, quad biking, hill walking, bowling, and cocktail making.
This is a great opportunity for someone who will embrace our culture and continue their accounts career progress. You will be a forward-thinking, proactive individual with a genuine desire to contribute to the future development of our business.
If you are keen to secure this role within a unique accountancy firm please apply by sending your CV and covering letter.