This annual event is known to the Dutch as Vliegerfeest Scheveningen and will celebrate its 28th anniversary this September.
On 23 and 24 September, Dutch and international kite lovers will unite on the Dutch sands to display a wide variety of spectacular kites, of varying sizes and designs.
More than 100 types of kites will be soaring the sky during the weekend. Make sure you see:
- The Megabyte, the biggest monster kite in the world, this beauty is 66m long and 25m wide.
- A large demonstration of ‘Revolution Kites’ to music.
- Stephen Versteegh, best all-round sports-kite flyer from Europe will perform a freestyle demonstration.
- The Peter Lynn Team will give a powerkite demo and host workshops for visitors to participate in.
- For everyone who wished to learn to fly a kite, there will be a large store where you can buy a kite to test out there and then!
- An evening show will take place at 8pm with thousands of lights in the sky.
Here’s a video (in Dutch) to give you an idea of what to expect:
Date, time and location
The festival takes place on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2017.
It is held at Scheveningen beach and is a free event.
For more information visit: www.vliegerfeestscheveningen.nl