Carbon monoxide poisoning in Amsterdam suburb

17th October 2008, Comments 0 comments

Twenty-four residents in Slotervaart were evacuated on Thursday morning after carbon monoxide was detected.

17 October 2008

AMSTERDAM -- In the Amsterdam suburb of Slotervaart, 24 residents of a block of flats were evacuated on Thursday because of the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Three people with symptoms of poisoning were taken to hospital. Ambulance workers discovered the presence of carbon monoxide when they entered a flat where six people were reported to be feeling unwell.

As soon as the carbon monoxide detector alarm went off, fire brigade workers decided to evacuate the surrounding flats. The poison gas is thought to have come from a broken gas water heater.

[Radio Netherlands / Expatica]

0 Comments To This Article